Question for ladies only

3,019 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AggieArchitect04
BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(Inspired by a Yahoo News article today)

You are by anyone's judgment (straight men) a young attractive female. You are an experienced hiker and you've prepared for your trip. You brought a fully charged phone that has GPS, you have a flashlight with back up batteries, plenty of water, you've looked at a detailed map before you left your car, but you don't have any weapons. You've told your friends that if you don't call them in 6 hours to send a search party.

It's 9 am as you park your car in a very remote area. For 90 minutes you've gone down a well traveled trail. Then you go completely off trail for an hour, taking pictures should you get lost. You have seen nobody since before you parked your car.

You hear something walking near you. When you are about 20 yards away, you come eye to eye with a _____.

Ladies, would you prefer it's a 25-45 year old man by himself or a large Black or Brown Bear without cubs near?

B-1 83
AG
Bot
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
PlanoAg98
AG
Like this kind of black bear?

Sea Speed
AG
Rational women choose the man. Stupid Twitter and tiktok social media addicted moron women choose the bear. Question doesn't work with a black bear though as they rarely attack humans.
5C
AG
Seems odd. Wouldn't the obvious answer just be the 25-45 year old male and just say "hi" to each other as you pass by? Isn't that the most likely scenario?
tandy miller
AG
5C said:

Seems odd. Wouldn't the obvious answer just be the 25-45 year old male and just say "hi" to each other as you pass by? Isn't that the most likely scenario?

No, all men are rapists

You failed and would surely die
BartInLA
In the "rigorous scientific" survey by Yahoo, 7 out of 8 women do not hesitate to say they'd rather face a bear.

I agree that Black Bears are usually not aggressive towards humans but at gay bars it's another story. So I hear.
Lex
Only men have responded that this is stupid. But you don't know. And I guess kudos to you for not being a torturous rapist murderer. Good job.

I think this is flawed because I don't go anywhere without my gun. So I would be caught off guard either way. But I'll stop anything that makes me feel {that} threatened.

That doesn't answer the question. But I, like many women, won't go anywhere without my protection.
histag10
AG
I'm not dumb enough to go hiking alone without a gun, so this is a dumb question designed for idiots. Obviously I choose to run into a man over a bear. Handgun stops man 98% of time (the other 2% I just assume I can outrun them or damage the goods enough to get away). Handgun stops large bear less times than it stops a man.
Lex
This is why we're friends.
BartInLA
I'm impressed and happy to know both you ladies carry. My best friend '85 (Best man and college roommate) was an excellent shot and he wanted to open his own gun shop and range upon retirement. I was pretty darn good with a rifle, maybe better than my friend (I started shooting late at the age of 8).

So about 20 years ago my wife and I go to his house in the country. My wife had never fired a firearm in her life. Between my bud and me we had about 68 years of serious rifle practice. I didn't do handguns much but he did. We set out targets and my wife clearly beat us both with handguns and rifles. He and I looked at each other and said about the same time (looking at her), "You are not allowed to shoot against us ever again."

We very rarely have children in the house (we secure all firearms if kids have entry) so we have several loaded shotguns and handguns around the house. I do a house drill with her every 3 months. My father taught me about defense and gun control (being a safe and great shot). I have a carry permit but she doesn't want one and won't even carry in her car.

Histag10, it almost seems you ONLY prefer it be a man so you can eliminate the threat more easily and hint that you'd shoot him in his b_ _ _ s. If I come across you in the woods should I lay flat on the ground on my stomach with my hands stretched out?

Stay safe!
Lex said:

But I, like many women, won't go anywhere without my protection.

Hey, how are the kiddos doing?
Lex
You would take that the wrong way. Thats why you're one of my favorites.

They are good.
aglaohfour
AG
I don't carry on a daily basis, but I always do when I hike domestically. In that context, I choose the man for the same reasons histag mentioned.

I will say though, I've encountered multiple men while I was hiking alone or with just my daughter (which makes anything weird 10 times scarier) who made me feel very uneasy to the point that the hike was no longer enjoyable. I've only seen a bear once and I wasn't scared at all, mostly just delighted. Not totally sure what conclusion can be drawn from that, except maybe I subconsciously believe that I'm more likely to have to shoot a man to defend myself than a bear?
The Porkchop Express
Let's not forget Yahoo is the company that had all 3 billion of its user accounts hacked and for sale on the Dark Web, and didn't even know about it until Time Warner told them.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
ME92
AG
BartInLA said:

(Inspired by a Yahoo News article today)

You are by anyone's judgment (straight men) a young attractive female. You are an experienced hiker and you've prepared for your trip. You brought a fully charged phone that has GPS, you have a flashlight with back up batteries, plenty of water, you've looked at a detailed map before you left your car, but you don't have any weapons. You've told your friends that if you don't call them in 6 hours to send a search party.

It's 9 am as you park your car in a very remote area. For 90 minutes you've gone down a well traveled trail. Then you go completely off trail for an hour, taking pictures should you get lost. You have seen nobody since before you parked your car.

You hear something walking near you. When you are about 20 yards away, you come eye to eye with a _____.

Ladies, would you prefer it's a 25-45 year old man by himself or a large Black or Brown Bear without cubs near?

Depends.

Does the 25-45 year old man have a girlfriend?
Jen78
I am not an idiot and would not go on a 6 hour hike without a handheld GPS. Is it odd that, that part of the question bothers me the most?
Issac_franklin

[Perma bans are quick for rookies. -Staff]
tandy miller
AG

[Don't quote posts that need to be removed. -Staff]
Lex

[Same message. -Staff]
tandy miller
AG
tandy miller said:

[Don't quote posts that need to be removed. -Staff]

Sorry I was just trying to help
Lex
Lex said:

[Same message. -Staff]

Sorry. Please don't yell at me. She's my friend and that wasn't nice.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I'm cool with women choosing the bear.

Pffft. Can't ruin my hike. I get out there to be away from you.
histag10
AG
I didn't even see the posts. Guess I'm glad for that....
Lex
Just mean and unnecessary post from a sock.
Sea Speed
AG
histag10 said:

I absolutely hate missing posts that cause a dust up.
Stat Monitor Repairman
histag10
AG
Sea Speed said:

histag10 said:

I absolutely hate missing posts that cause a dust up.

Oh, me too. But apparently it was really mean and directed at me, so that sucks.
62strat
AG
A good woman would respond with

"is the guy single?", or "is the guy cute?"
713nervy
AG
The OP has a lot of qualification to it that the original question posed to the innernet masses did not.

Regardless, a bear.
Sea Speed
AG
713nervy said:

The OP has a lot of qualification to it that the original question posed to the innernet masses did not.

Regardless, a bear.

You would rather run in to a grizzly than a man. Walking through the forest. Seriously?
713nervy
AG
You CAN read!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I carry bear spray on my hikes. Effective against mountain lions, dogs, bears, people, you name it

If I were a woman, either way I'd probably carry a sawed-off shotgun on my hikes. I'd preference the bear, unless it's a grizzly. **** grizzlies

AggieArchitect04
AG
Feels like the right place to leave this…

Apparently this was a poll from a bridal magazine.

https://instagr.am/p/C6wX7qHOSTE
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.