***Dark Matter***

2,074 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Yellerjacket
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A new Apple TV series based on the Blake Crouch book of the same name starts next month. Starring Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Connelly. Eight episodes.

I really enjoyed the book so I'm interested in this. Plus, Apple TV has a pretty good hit rate.

WoMD
Just finished the book, so was happily surprised to see this coming out. Now if only they could do a legit adaptation of wayward pines...
maroon man
S
Hmm...looks intense!

WoMD
Im not a fan of how they spell out the plot line so much in that trailer. Lots of key components that added to the fun of the story as they are revealed, but this feels like it takes away from some of the entertainment of the story. Oh well, I guess it makes sense to drive interest, and I shouldn't do the "in the book they did it this way" thing. But even if it's exactly the same as the book, it's still nice to guess along the way vs having it spoon fed to you beforehand.

Also, anyone else tired of the multiverse trend we have going right now?
InnocentBystander99
AG
I thought this was going to be about the new Pearl Jam album.
Know Your Enemy
AG
InnocentBystander99 said:

I thought this was going to be about the new Pearl Jam album.

Same
double aught
AG
WoMD said:

Im not a fan of how they spell out the plot line so much in that trailer. Lots of key components that added to the fun of the story as they are revealed, but this feels like it takes away from some of the entertainment of the story. Oh well, I guess it makes sense to drive interest, and I shouldn't do the "in the book they did it this way" thing. But even if it's exactly the same as the book, it's still nice to guess along the way vs having it spoon fed to you beforehand.

There was one spoiler I noticed that was kind of a big one. But if I remember right, I think it's pretty early in the book. So maybe it's not that big of a deal. Agree with your sentiment though.
Faustus
NM.
MookieBlaylock
AG
got the Vinyl- so far so good
The Milkman
AG
One of my all time fav books. They did a great job with Wool, so we're looking forward to this
OKCAG02
AG
Thoughts?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Really enjoyed the first two episodes. I'm in on this. Looking forward to the exploration of the different realities. How are we going to refer to Jason Dessen that was kidnapped from his reality?
MiamiHopper
Kidnapped JD = JD Prime? lol dunno but it would be cool to tie in a reference to physics/quantum superposition.

Very much enjoyed the first two episodes.
OKCAG02
AG
I watched the first episode and thought it was good, reminded me of the book from what I remember.
MrPlow2010
AG
Enjoyed the first two episodes so far. Looking Forward to the rest of the season. It reminds me of the show Counterpart.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. I'm in on this. Looking forward to the exploration of the different realities. How are we going to refer to Jason Dessen that was kidnapped from his reality?
I was going say "spoiler alert arsehole!!!" Then I watched the trailer and realized it is the spoiler.
Take the trash out staff.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I was going say "spoiler alert arsehole!!!" Then I watched the trailer and realized it is the spoiler.

That's good Jason
Yellerjacket
WoMD said:

This happens so often now. My wife and I will be looking for something new to watch and check out the trailer for something that looks interesting. Well...it looks good, but we don't really need to watch it now. It just showed us every single thing that happens in the series!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.