Unfrosted - Netflix

3,427 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by javajaws
$240 Worth of Pudding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The story of Post vs Kellogg in the race to change breakfast.

So many stars. So very well done. A little bit of stupidity but some hilarious Easter eggs and meta jokes (Hugh Grant's turn as Tony the Tiger cum Q-Anon Shaman was hilarious).

Put your brain on the self for 90 minutes and enjoy this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Terrible.
bagger05
AG
Over the top ridiculous. Seems like Jerry called up a bunch of his friends and they put together their goofiest stuff and found a way to stitch it together.

I laughed out loud a lot.

Trying to think of what kind of comedy I would compare it to. It'll either be your cup of tea or it won't.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Wife and I hated it. Some dumb ideas only work for an SNL skit's length of time. They weren't meant to be 1.5 hours.

That said we did laugh out loud a few times. We'd bag on it then laugh out loud. Not enough times to salvage it.
Take the trash out staff.
AustinAg2K
bagger05 said:

Trying to think of what kind of comedy I would compare it to. It'll either be your cup of tea or it won't.
The thing is, you'll know within 5 minutes if it's for you or not. In fact, I would say you just need to know the premise to know if it's for you. The movie goes exactly how you'd expect a movie about the fake history of pop tarts to go.

Everyone in my family enjoyed it a lot. Not every joke hits. Plenty of eye rolls at times, but overall, I thought it was fun.

Also, I want a campaign to get Bill Burr an Oscar for his portrayal of JFK. Probably the most honest representation of a US president ever.
Lex
I watched it a week or so ago, when it was released. It was silly and I laughed so much. But a lot of them are comedians I've grown up watching so it was entertaining seeing them all together. But it's definitely not for everyone. I can tell you that. For example if you aren't an Amy Schumer fan you won't like it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
This movie sucked. Sorry not sorry
bagger05
AG
ASK! NOT!!!

That whole bit might have gotten my biggest laugh of the movie. Chuckling now just thinking about it.
bagger05
AG
It was either the JFK bit or the funeral that was my favorite part. The ceremonial pouring of cereal and milk over the casket, the folding of the toy surprise, and freaking Toucan Sam singing Ave Maria. All the while the widow is like "WTF is going on?!?"

Freakin gold.
bagger05
AG
Lex said:

I watched it a week or so ago, when it was released. It was silly and I laughed so much. But a lot of them are comedians I've grown up watching so it was entertaining seeing them all together. But it's definitely not for everyone. I can tell you that. For example if you aren't an Amy Schumer fan you won't like it.

I disagree. I don't enjoy Amy Schumer as a standalone comedian but I liked her in this. I don't enjoy the standup of several of the comedians in it but everyone played their roles pretty well.

That's one of the things that I thought worked well about it. You got little doses of a lot of different comedians.
FL_Ag1998
AG
bagger05 said:

It was either the JFK bit or the funeral that was my favorite part. The ceremonial pouring of cereal and milk over the casket, the folding of the toy surprise, and freaking Toucan Sam singing Ave Maria. All the while the widow is like "WTF is going on?!?"

Freakin gold.

Yep, all of that and Snap, Crackle, and Pop at the funeral legit had me laughing out loud.
EclipseAg
AG
I watched it mostly for the Don Draper-Roger Sterling bit. Worthy send-up of those two characters. I like that they can poke a little fun at their most iconic roles.

I laughed a lot throughout but then I have a low humor threshold.

Completely agree that you'll know in a couple of minutes whether it's for you.
Big Cat `93
AG
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially:

• JFK
  • The subtle but sharp dig at the FDA
  • The cereal insurrection
KidDoc
AG
I liked it. The only thing that I thought was unfunny and dumb was the live little pop tart thing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
One Louder
AG
bagger05 said:

Over the top ridiculous. Seems like Jerry called up a bunch of his friends and they put together their goofiest stuff and found a way to stitch it together.

It reminded me of the Weird Al "biopic" starring Daniel Radcliffe.

I loved both movies.
Claude!
bagger05 said:

So it's a high brow Adam Sandler film?
bagger05
AG
As dumb as an Adam Sandler movie but way sillier. Maybe a hybrid between that and Monty Python.
boy09
AG
Lex said:

For example if you aren't an Amy Schumer fan you won't like it.
Amy Schumer has fans?
Lex
boy09 said:

Lex said:

For example if you aren't an Amy Schumer fan you won't like it.
Amy Schumer has fans?

I don't all out hate her. But I have friends who REFUSE to watch anything she is in. She definitely rubs some the wrong way.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Can't tell if this movie or the Big Bang Theory is more controversial on the comedy scale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie is just straight up dumb humor throughout. (And not the good dumb humor like Farrelly Bros or Mel Brooks.)

Big Bang Theory at least attempted to be a little smarter at times.
TXAG 05
AG
Not the best movie in the world, but it was pretty funny.
Heineken-Ashi
I'm debating between this and Movie 43 tonight. One seems like silly comedy. The other seems cerealously funny. Can't decide.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Don't be such a flake.
Heineken-Ashi
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Don't be such a flake.

Corny joke.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Falco
AG
Definitely a fan. Good solid Netflix movie. Which I know is a low bar, but I enjoyed it.
InternetFan02
AG
I laughed. Funny movie. It's the Lego movie style humor. Seinfeld's tribute to cereal. I'd like to think these ideas have been floating around in his head for decades and he found the time to finally release it.
cr0wbar
AG
That was hilarious. Agreed that the funeral scene was probably my favorite. Buried with Cereal Honors lol

Jerry Seinfeld with a zinger on his directorial* debut
kyledr04
AG
I liked it. I laughed a lot. My 9yo son liked it too.

There was an interesting mix of corny and complex. Some really good jokes and characters. The bad reviews were way off. It was ridiculous on purpose. A show about cereal, of course it's goofy. I need to watch again to pick up on more things.
ABATTBQ11
AG
bagger05 said:

Freakin gold.

Yeah, this part had me rolling. The, "Snap! Crackle! POP!" honor guard was pretty great, too.
javajaws
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Don't be such a flake.

Corny joke.
You'll are gonna milk this for all its worth aren't you?
Heineken-Ashi
javajaws said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Don't be such a flake.

Corny joke.
You'll are gonna milk this for all its worth aren't you?
Once you pop you can't stop

EclipseAg
AG
Y'all are spooning this on pretty thick.
Prosperdick
AG
I guess I'm missing the part of the funny bone this movie tickled because I think I only half chucked once or twice the entire time (when Burr/JFK made the quip about his son). I LOVE Seinfeld but this was not my cup of tea...like at all.
chick79
AG
This was such a terrible movie that I stayed with it just to see how bad it was. I'm surprised Jerry Seinfeld did this garbage.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.