Big Barn Dance Music Festival in Bryan in May

4,390 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Bryanisbest
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The music festival that takes place in Taos is adding a second location - Midtown Park in Bryan. It will be in May. Tickets are already on sale but acts haven't been announced yet.

The Troubadour Festival will be back at Aggie Park at the end of May as well. May is shaping up to be a big month for music festivals in BCS!

http://bigbarndance.com/home-bryan/

Russell Bradleys Toupee
I think it's cool how they included the spectacular Bryan Mountain Range on that poster.
trouble
AG
I meant to take a picture of this poster when I saw it in Taos last week!
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Taos lineup from last week. It has been going there for 21 years. I am not sure if they will go for the same type of talent or try something different in Texas.

BiochemAg97
AG
Wait, I thought we couldn't have concerts/music festivals unless college station built a convention center.
PS3D
A music festival in the middle of Bryan, surrounded by residential areas? What could possibly go wrong?
Crawdaddy
AG
May! Always a great month for weather!
halibut sinclair
How about a rock concert or festival instead of the same old country crap?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Lineup announced: https://bigbarndance.com/2024-artist-lineup-bryan/

Quote:

The festival will be held May 3 and 4 at Travis Bryan Midtown Park. It'll feature Asleep at the Wheel, Beat Root Revival, Bill Hearne Trio, Gary P. Nunn, Hayes Carll, Kelley Mickwee Band, Lee Roy Parnell, Michael Hearne, Radney Foster, Rick Treviño, The Rifters, Shake Russell, Shinyribs, Sister Sadie, Soldier Songs hosted by Dustin Welch, Bob Wills' Texas Playboys and Town Mountain.

There's also the Big Barn Dance Songwriter Series on May 5 in Downtown Bryan. That event will include Larry Joe Taylor, Tish Hinojosa, Topo Chico Cowboys, Lisa Morales, Susan Gibson and more.

General admission and VIP tickets are available to purchase now.
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/12/20/lineup-announced-bryans-big-barn-dance-music-festival-may/
gus1390
AG
That's a great lineup
techno-ag
AG
That's awesome. I know Bryan was named a music friendly city recently.
Anonymous Source
S
techno-ag said:

My question on that: Has Bryan ever been "Musically Hostile"?
Gig 'Em
techno-ag
AG
Anonymous Source said:

techno-ag said:

It's a state designation.

Quote:

Governor Greg Abbott today announced that the City of Bryan, having completed the multi-step certification process, has been designated as a Music Friendly Community by the Texas Music Office.
angus55
Anonymous Source said:

techno-ag said:

When the Hall of Fame closed.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
ZoneClubber
AG
Starts today
GrogsBane
Personally I would like to see an EDM concert at Lake Bryan. Perfect place for such an event.
Don't Eat The Bugs
Captn_Ag05
AG
I hope this turns out to be a great success!
FlyRod
halibut sinclair said:

How about a rock concert or festival instead of the same old country crap?

Saw some lineups from the Stafford from the 90s and was blown away…major indie acts, way more than these days.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I keep seeing advertisement from a 'new promoter guy' who is apparently bringing rock music acts to BCS. Looks to be the Stafford and possibly the Palace for now but that would be a great start. So far, mostly tribute bands but if they are reasonably good that is acceptable to get going.
TyHolden
AG
How was this? BCS basically Nashville now…
ZoneClubber
AG
Great music, many artists I wasn't familiar with but really enjoyed, country, blue grass, swing etc. Particularly enjoyed Radney Foster, Hayes Carl, Ricky Trevino, Asleep at the Wheel and my favorite Shinyribs (funky blues).
Friday and half of Saturday it's a seated/listening concert under the tent w plenty of room. There was a covered dance floor off to the side. Then at 6 on Saturday they clear an area in front of the stage for dancing for the last 3 acts.
Had a bunch of "mature" out of town folks who attend the event in Taos and came to Bryan.
trouble
AG
Some of my former coworkers from Austin were there. They go to Taos every year and were so happy this one was close to home.

They had a great time.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Talked to a couple friends that went and overall they were very happy. Obviously the weather was less than optimal but the artists were good. I understand this was a 3 day event and tickets were going for $100 at the gate for a day.

What was the average age of the attendees? Looked to me to be around 50 years of experience.
Bryanisbest
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Wait, I thought we couldn't have concerts/music festivals unless college station built a convention center.

Maybe they can pass another bond issue and build it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.