Austin
Sponsored by

Youth Soccer Recommendations

629 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by CapCity12thMan
Texanick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have two daughters who have been playing club soccer for a while. Are there any recommendations on local clubs to try out for? We are in SW Austin area and are considering Lake Travis, Westlake, Dripping Springs, Lonestar, Cap City, etc. Any feedback on these clubs would be great.
jakester03
AG
My daughter plays for a smaller club called Fierce United and we love it.

www.fierceunited.com

If that is too far North for you and you want something South I would personally lean towards Westlake FC. They are a very well run club.

Run far far away from Lonestar. Terribly run organization.
KRamp90
AG
My daughter played 6 years for the River City Rangers. Very enjoyable time of my life. They even won the state championship her senior year!
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
My daughter will be playing D2 soccer in New Mexico. She currently plays for FC Westlake. She has played for them since she was in 6th grade.

Feel free to text me if you have any questions. My number is in my profile.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
kag00
AG
Westlake is the best for girls. Lonestar also has a decent program for younger girls.

My son play for Cap City and we love it after hating LoneStar. Unfortunately their girls program is still developing and it will be hit or miss.
CapCity12thMan
AG
my son played 7 years of FC Westlake. He enjoyed it. Our only criticism was the team(s) he was consistently put on...middle rung in their bracketing. It was a good fit for him skill wise but they seemed to always put us against teams that were a ton better and every ame was 7-0, 11-0, etc. That occurred for 3 straight years. The team just never really improved. It was odd to watch. They weren't the greatest unit of players, so individual skill level had a lot to do with it but I would have liked to have seen some improvement along the way.

We had one season where we scored maybe 3-4 goals. It kinda sucked. I'm not about wining at all costs, but make the game somewhat equal and let's at least try to score. My son would tell us the coach would say that isn't the objective with how they are setup, which I understand schemes and teaching them things, but cmon - at least try.

that's my only beef with it. It's expensive, but they get a ton of practice time and those are always well organized. We never had an issue with a coach or raucus parents either.

Our perception of Lonestar was they are more intense, rough sort of a group. Coaches were not the nicest, and our teams for my sone I don't think ever beat a LS team. I think they play a better quality of soccer but I know too many people that just didn't like the environment of it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.