Houston
Sponsored by

New GP Doc

1,774 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Diggity
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since Ashley Ray left Village Medical, I have no reason to stay dealing with the **** show this place has become. Any recs for a good GP? ITL preferably but open to in the beltway options.
YellAg2004
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Since Ashley Ray left Village Medical, I have no reason to stay dealing with the **** show this place has become. Any recs for a good GP? ITL preferably but open to in the beltway options.
I'm in the same boat, so following along. I'm willing to travel a good ways for a good doctor, so pretty much anything on the west side is fair game.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I'm in Texas City and also looking for a new GP because my doc's clinic was taken over by Village Medical and it is indeed a **** show.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Medical Clinic of Houston.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3417282/replies/67214874

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
YellAg2004 said:

I'm in the same boat, so following along. I'm willing to travel a good ways for a good doctor, so pretty much anything on the west side is fair game.
I had to wait an hour just to see a Dr for a routine script refill today. Wouldnt do tele appt. Ashley was awesome, would call in anything with out an appt, would actually respond to my messages in the patient portal and just generally cared about my health. Now they just want #s through the door. It sucks, been going there for 15 years.
trestamu
AG
I'm in the same boat. Hadn't seen my GP in 4 years and only saw Ashley. She was great. Did she change practices or get out altogether?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
She went to a pulmonary practice (if I remember correcty) closer to her house.
digging tunnels
AG
I recently went to Dr Jonathan Magid for first time at the Sunset Clinic over by Rice. I liked him
WorthAg95
AG
digging tunnels said:

I recently went to Dr Jonathan Magid for first time at the Sunset Clinic over by Rice. I liked him

He was my doc until my territory changed and now the med center is too far. Love him!
jetch17
AG
VM is indeed a sh*t show these days
12Power
VM expanded too quickly, but are now retracting. Doesn't mean better service on the horizon.
Diggity
AG
Seems like it went downhill after Walgreens bought them.
WestHoustonAg79
Marauder Blue 6 said:

I'll second this place. It's on sunset near Montrose/Museum District. I like them when I was there.

If you're getting older and looking more for solid preventive medicine etc. I recommend BCM conceirge comprehensive health with Dr Feldman. Yearly fee but get screened for nearly everything in the book yearly and can text him personally etc. Parking is super easy and you walk right in and they are ready for you.

If looking for the yearly physical and hope they just tell you that your dad bod is slightly overweight and you should exercise more and eat better but everything else is in decent ranges I would go to MCoH
AJ02
AG
Dr. Rochelle Pondt
RK
AG
...you guys go to the doctor?
thenational
AG
I go to Magid as well. Solid guy.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
WestHoustonAg79 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

I'll second this place. It's on sunset near Montrose/Museum District. I like them when I was there.

If you're getting older and looking more for solid preventive medicine etc. I recommend BCM conceirge comprehensive health with Dr Feldman. Yearly fee but get screened for nearly everything in the book yearly and can text him personally etc. Parking is super easy and you walk right in and they are ready for you.

If looking for the yearly physical and hope they just tell you that your dad bod is slightly overweight and you should exercise more and eat better but everything else is in decent ranges I would go to MCoH
Dr Feldman was my 1st PCP at Village medical, this is perfect.
htxag09
AG
thenational said:

I go to Magid as well. Solid guy.
Same...

He started the concierge service, though. So I'd imagine it's a matter of time before he only does that and no longer sees patients via the traditional means...
Serotonin
AG
I've gone to Medical Clinic of Houston for almost 20 years.

IMO the quality of service has greatly decreased over time. I think they've taken on too many patients and have scale issues at this point. The check in desk is usually friendly but some of the administrative staff attached to the doctors are extremely rude. My doctor (who is great) has apologized on two separate occasions for their behavior.

I think the high demand doctors there are going the concierge route and I have the same question as you (am I eventually going to have to join or get dropped?)
1Aggie99
AG
Question. Can you use flex $$ to pay for annual fee?
Marsh
AG
I go to a Dr at sunset that recently went the concerige route. I was hesitant because it is so dang expensive but I now think it is totally worth it.

Most people will go to urgent care 2-3 times a year for ****ty service and drs/nurses that cant/won't do anything for you. The quality has declined dramatically since covid and the costs can be $200+ a visit.

Instead, use the money to pay for a Dr who actually cares about treating their patients (and are going the concerige route BECAUSE they care and don't want to sacrifice individual care for having to see XX amount of patients per day).

I can text my Dr if immediate help is needed. Email is a pretty near immediate reply. Same day appointments. Prescriptions are really easy.

And, do your own research, but fsa/hsa can be used to pay for the annual fee.
WestHoustonAg79

WestHoustonAg79 said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Dr Feldman was my 1st PCP at Village medical, this is perfect.

You're like my 3 year old… so what do you say, sir?…
htxag09
AG
Except I go to my pcp once a year for my checkup.

And urgent care is more like once every couple years and last two times have been for stitches.

Even if it was 3x a year at $200 that's be less than half of most of these concierge services. Then factor in the bull**** of me paying thousands of dollars of insurance to just pay a dr their concierge fee, which of course wouldn't cover any actual issues.
WestHoustonAg79
htxag09 said:

Except I go to my pcp once a year for my checkup.

And urgent care is more like once every couple years and last two times have been for stitches.

Even if it was 3x a year at $200 that's be less than half of most of these concierge services. Then factor in the bull**** of me paying thousands of dollars of insurance to just pay a dr their concierge fee, which of course wouldn't cover any actual issues.

As many posters have said. It's not for everyone my man. Go hop on the cycler and think about it
Diggity
AG
I don't have an authoritive answer for this but I can't imagine why not. It's healthcare.
Diggity
AG
Let's not get too santictimous here, they make a **** ton more money doing consierge rather than FFS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.