Minor League Stadiums and Info

689 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Bonfired
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So i have an opporunity in the next two summers to work in Florida for about a month each year. Coming from Texas I will be driving this year to and from but going different routes that may extend the trip a few days to see some games and explore various places I have either never visited or it has been a long while

Does anyone have any trip reports on games they may have attended and things you did?

Next summer I will likely be coming from the upper east coast so will hit some others like in the carolina league

I am up for any ideas for day trips in an area followed by a night game or visa versa

Obviously schedules have to be compatable but that will be on me to figure out

What are some of the best places you have been to see a minor league game ??

BQ2001
AG
I've been to a few random ones on trips (usually like to visit them and get a shirt at least).

- Asheville (NC) Tourists. No game, but it was a nice stadium right in downtown Asheville
- Durham (NC) Bulls. No game but they have a nice gift shop and area around it
- Fredriskburg (VA) FredNats. Went to a game, small stadium and low level ball. There was a surprisingly good crowd and energy for the game. Had a really good smoked sausage there.
- Delmarva (MD) Shorebirds. No game here but one of the front office guys showed me around a bit when I was going to the gift shop. Not much around the area though (I was in Salisbury).
- Wilmington (DE) Blue Rocks. Went to a game here and it was a lot of fun. Picked up a seat right behind home plate for $10. They have someone dressed up in a celery costume that comes out and dances around when they score. No idea what it's all about, but people went crazy when they did. Got a first bump through the backstop when the Blue Rocks walked it off with a HR. They had a good beer, think it was called Woo Hoo or something like that. Was a nice area around the stadium with restaurants and hotels.
- Louisville (KY) Bats. Went here a few years ago and picked up a cheap ticket right behind home plate. Really good Mint Julips when I went. I was glad I was staying at a hotel right by the stadium because they came on strong.
Wicked Good Ag
Thanks for the info. Possibly in Louisville in June but not at the time the Bats have a homestand.

I know the Asheville Tourists was where many of the scenes for Bull Durham were filmed so it is on my list for sure plus that area in unreal for a nature/ food perspective

Big Bucks
AG
Definitely hit Asheville. Great stadium atmosphere. We've also been to Bowie (MD) and it wasn't anything to write home about. Segra Park in Columbia (SC) is very nice and fun. Hitting Louisville in June. Have fun!
AgBQ-00
AG
Durham is a great experience for a game. I had a business trip to the Raliegh area and drove over one night to go to a game. Walked up and got 6th row seats behind home plate for dirt cheap. Nice park, and nice entertainment area around the stadium. Great pro shop too.

Another one that is great if you are ever in the area is the Louisville Bats in Louisville, KY. Nice park, good downtown area close by for entertainment.

Durham (crappy phone pics) Was a great experience
Bonfired
AG
There's a couple of minor league park stops not far off of I-10 if that's part of your back-and-forth from FL to TX.

Biloxi Shuckers' park is basically right on the beach and the Beau Rivage is within walking distance, if gambling is your thing.

Pensacola has the Blue Wahoos, but I have not been to a game there, so I can't speak to the game day experience.

Will second or third Asheville...stadium view is spectacular and Asheville doesn't call itself Beer City USA for nothing. Definitely worth including.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.