Vokey vs Cleveland wedges

1,850 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by CyclingAg82
rhtexfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been playing vokey wedges for a long time now. Have some buds playing Clevelands. Played Clevelands as a kid. Internet says they spin more on close shots but about the same on full shots.

Heads on Clevelands look slightly smaller than Vokey.

Anybody played both lately? How does the feel and performance compare?
Aggie2
I played Vokey for years and moved over to Cleveland RTX. I like the Cleveland better for stopping the ball on the green.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Aggie2 said:

I played Vokey for years and moved over to Cleveland RTX. I like the Cleveland better for stopping the ball on the green.

Same
AggieDruggist89
AG
rhtexfish said:

Heads on Clevelands look slightly smaller than Vokey.

Always thought Vokey was the smaller faced club.

I shank with Vokey. Not with Cleveland.
El_Guero512
Same here from Vokey to Cleveland
Cru
S
Just hit the green in 2
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've gone back and forth over the years. Definitely more of an individual feel IMO. No right or wrong answer. Would agree that the Vokeys tend to be smaller/less clunky.
aggiecody06
I can blade the hell outta a Cleveland wedge!
TecRecAg
AG
Will be watching this thread. Been rocking some old SM5s for a long time. Definitely need to upgrade.

Thinking about just getting a fitting. Really like the look of those Hi-Toe TaylorMade too
AgBQ-00
AG
I use the 1st generation of Taylormade Hi-Toes they are great. I have put in considerable work on my wedge game the past few months and they have helped me get better over the included set wedges I had before.
Unemployed
AG
Cru said:

Just hit the green in 2
I do that all the time on par 3s.
E
AG
Unemployed said:

Cru said:

Just hit the green in 2
I do that all the time on par 3s.
lucky
AggieDruggist89
AG
Ping had it right when they had iron sets from matching 1 iron to LW properly gapped.

I used Ping Eye II Plus SW and LW through 2022 as it finally became illegal in 2023 for amateur play. And I don't think I've gotten over it still.

Wedge with the shortest full swing to me is critical: for me it's my LW I use for 84 yards in. And I use it for all different types of shots. Ping LW was a dual bounce and it was good off both tight and thick lies.
MW03
AG
Not good enough for Vokeys, but I love my Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges. Ugly, but hard to chunk.
EliteElectric
The Vokeys are very head heavy to me, which I love in a wedge, and probably why I have played them for 20+ years. My 10yo Daughter even carries a Vokey 52* and 60* in her bag.
Ag_07
AG
EliteElectric said:

My 10yo Daughter even carries a Vokey 52* and 60* in her bag.

If this isn't the most TexAgs response ever I don't know what is.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Taylormade has finished tops in the MGS testing the last few years. Never tried them myself but FWIW. I play SM9's currently but did play Clevelands for awhile. I like the look of the Vokeys a little more and they performed better around the greens for me.
Hamburger Dan
Vokey is the number 1 wedge on tour, and I believe the number 1 selling wedge in the world. At the golf shop I work, we sell approximately 7 Vokeys to one of the next best selling wedge. For us - # 2 is Ping, then Mizuno.
CyclingAg82
AG
TecRecAg said:

Will be watching this thread. Been rocking some old SM5s for a long time. Definitely need to upgrade.

Thinking about just getting a fitting. Really like the look of those Hi-Toe TaylorMade too
I play the TM Hi-Toe 50, 54 and 58 with full face grooves on 54 and 58. Really like them.

I have played Vokey SM 7's and the Miura wedges. All high quality clubs, and they all feel great, just personal preference.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.