How does Aggie Alley work?

3,041 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by trouble
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you just walk up there with some lawn chairs and find an open spot?

Was thinking about doing that for Arkansas since the ticket prices are so high
tamc93
AG
That is my understanding. With the additional bleachers they added, it will likely be more crowded.

I would also consider getting there early and getting Section 12 tickets.
HoustonAg2106
AG
tamc93 said:

That is my understanding. With the additional bleachers they added, it will likely be more crowded.

I would also consider getting there early and getting Section 12 tickets.

We will probably try that first and use Aggie Alley as our backup plan. How early do you need to get there?
tamc93
AG
I know I have seen people buy them closer to game time, but that weekend may be the exception.

From 12th Man Site:

Friday:

Advanced sales for LAWN/GA/SRO have concluded. General Admission tickets located in Section 12 behind the right-field wall will be available at Blue Bell Park Box Office on Gameday starting at 4PM.

Saturday:

Advanced sales for LAWN/GA/SRO have concluded. General Admission tickets located in Section 12 behind the right-field wall will be available at Blue Bell Park Box Office on Gameday starting at 12PM.
jah003
S
HoustonAg2106 said:

Yep… I'd set up as far back to the rec as possible. Also some sort of raised platform would give you the best viewing. We're debating setting up a cinder block wood platform situation for regionals. Also, bathrooms just inside the rec are real nice.

Wish we could go back to the old days and park back there for optimal viewing…
HoustonAg2106
AG
tamc93 said:

I know I have seen people buy them closer to game time, but that weekend may be the exception.

From 12th Man Site:

Friday:

Advanced sales for LAWN/GA/SRO have concluded. General Admission tickets located in Section 12 behind the right-field wall will be available at Blue Bell Park Box Office on Gameday starting at 4PM.

Saturday:

Advanced sales for LAWN/GA/SRO have concluded. General Admission tickets located in Section 12 behind the right-field wall will be available at Blue Bell Park Box Office on Gameday starting at 12PM.

Thanks
KT 90
AG
tamc93 said:

From 12th Man Site:

Friday:

Saturday:

Do you know how regular GA seats work vs these Section 12 GA seats? Meaning if you have regular GA tickets, can you use those for Section 12 (or is Section 12 a totally separate ticket)?

I have some regular GA tickets, but if we don't get there early enough to sit upstairs, I might prefer to sit on the Section 12 bleachers in the outfield vs. having to stand in the berm/SRO area for the whole game.

tamc93
AG
I do not know, but I am sure someone does.

I know they send students that way once GA is full in the stadium.
jah003
S
tamc93 said:

I do not know, but I am sure someone does.

I know they send students that way once GA is full in the stadium.

Unless they are changing it… they will send all GA to section 12 once 202/203 and the berms are full. So even if you don't have a section 12 ticket you'll still be sent out there.
HoustonAg2106
AG
jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Yep… I'd set up as far back to the rec as possible. Also some sort of raised platform would give you the best viewing. We're debating setting up a cinder block wood platform situation for regionals. Also, bathrooms just inside the rec are real nice.

Are you able to bring a cooler of beer and/or a grill back there?
jah003
S
HoustonAg2106 said:

jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Cooler of beer? Yes.
Grill? Maybe… give it a shot and see if someone stops you.
HoustonAg2106
AG
jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Cooler of beer? Yes.
Grill? Maybe… give it a shot and see if someone stops you.

LOL thanks, as long as I can bring the cooler I'll just pack some food in there.
Gyles Marrett
jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Those days with trucks and giant platforms with couches were the days and such a cool atmosphere.
greg.w.h
AG
It's not an alley without a discarded couch…
RED AG 98
AG
Have you done this before? Doesn't the NCAA (because they hate fun) make us close this area off during the postseason?
HoustonAg2106
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Have you done this before? Doesn't the NCAA (because they hate fun) make us close this area off during the postseason?

Man I hope not, I was planning to do this for regionals too
Gyles Marrett
RED AG 98 said:

Pretty sure I'd give a big middle finger to the NCAA if they did this. Say it's not a part of the baseball facility and the university will not close the lot. If it's sold out (which it would be) they aren't missing out on ticket sales by people standing out there.
jah003
S
RED AG 98 said:

Not in the postseason, no. Not really sure if they can close off a parking lot if it's not a part of the stadium… but I guess we'll see.

I'm guessing Schloss will do everything in his power to keep it open, but I'm not sure how much power he has.
RED AG 98
AG
jah003 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Not in the postseason, no. Not really sure if they can close off a parking lot if it's not a part of the stadium… but I guess we'll see.

I'm guessing Schloss will do everything in his power to keep it open, but I'm not sure how much power he has.

You may be right but I don't think it's Schloss' call at all. The NCAA has always made us shut this down during postseason; I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. It is typically physically blocked off with temporary fencing and road blocks. Just wanted to make sure you were aware and have a plan b.
RED AG 98
AG
Good luck
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

It is typically physically blocked off with temporary fencing and road blocks.
I recall this also, but question how/why the ncaa would have jurisdiction.
trouble
AG
RED AG 98 said:

In '22 a friend of mine was out there the whole time. They set up on the sidewalk next to the Rec and no one said anything to them as far as I know
HoustonAg2106
AG
I just went back to the A&M TCU regional game in 2022 on YouTube and there was a huge crowd in Aggie Alley, looks like it was allowed then so I think it will be allowed this year too
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
RED AG 98 said:

jah003 said:

RED AG 98 said:

You may be right but I don't think it's Schloss' call at all. The NCAA has always made us shut this down during postseason; I wouldn't expect this year to be any different. It is typically physically blocked off with temporary fencing and road blocks. Just wanted to make sure you were aware and have a plan b.
I don't think they can physically block that road because it's a fire lane...but I may be wrong.
Sean98
AG
BoerneGator said:

Quote:

Baseball is one of the few sports postseasons actually owned & run by the NCAA. They negotiate and award the host sites. Those games are not "A&M" games, they're NCAA games. Don't follow their rules and they have the ability to move the games. ...or more realistically, don't follow the rules and you won't be awarded any future games. That's the rub.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sean98 said:

BoerneGator said:

Quote:

Baseball is one of the few sports postseasons actually owned & run by the NCAA. They negotiate and award the host sites. Those games are not "A&M" games, they're NCAA games. Don't follow their rules and they have the ability to move the games. ...or more realistically, don't follow the rules and you won't be awarded any future games. That's the rub.

Guys this is a non issue, I just went back to the 2022 regional and there were a lot of people in Aggie Alley, the NCAA allowed it and should allow it this year too
dabo man
AG
The NCAA won't allow unticketed (i.e. unpaying) spectators at regionals. If someone stood out in Aggie Alley in '22, I would guess they only got away with it because there weren't more of them. In the late 90s, when there would regularly be over a thousand (sometimes two thousand) in Aggie Alley, it sat empty during regionals.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dabo man said:

The NCAA won't allow unticketed (i.e. unpaying) spectators at regionals. If someone stood out in Aggie Alley in '22, I would guess they only got away with it because there weren't more of them. In the late 90s, when there would regularly be over a thousand (sometimes two thousand) in Aggie Alley, it sat empty during regionals.

Go back to the TCU game in 2022, there are a lot of people back there. I think the precedent of 2 years ago is more relevant that it was 25 years ago
RED AG 98
AG
It might just be that the area immediately behind the fence all the way to the fire lane is what is blocked off. But I do remember that it changed from the regular season to what they allowed in the postseason and I'm not talking about just 25 years ago. I don't think they'll allow vehicles back there, but maybe you'll be OK if you're on the rec center side of the fire lane
Sean98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Sean98 said:

BoerneGator said:

Quote:

Guys this is a non issue, I just went back to the 2022 regional and there were a lot of people in Aggie Alley, the NCAA allowed it and should allow it this year too
To be clear, I have no idea what their current rules were. I was answer's Borne's question about how/why they'd have jurisdiction.

If the NCAA allows it or ignores it (seems like they must have in '22) then have at it. If they look at our recent games with a good number of people out there and they might make a decent decision unless they are able to monetize it.
Sean98
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Those days with trucks and giant platforms with couches were the days and such a cool atmosphere.
Has to be some photos of '99 out there somewhere doesn't there? I bet Wally and Dave have photos.

The last few series of the '99 season were... whooo. Fun, boisterous, out of control. Aggie Alley extended from the far N end of the Rec parking lot all the way to Olsen. 10k+ vs. Texas probably. 5k of which had no chance, or intention, of being able to see the game.
jah003
S
Sean98 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

jah003 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Has to be some photos of '99 out there somewhere doesn't there? I bet Wally and Dave have photos.

The last few series of the '99 season were... whooo. Fun, boisterous, out of control. Aggie Alley extended from the far N end of the Rec parking lot all the way to Olsen. 10k+ vs. Texas probably. 5k of which had no chance, or intention, of being able to see the game.

Believe it was towards the tail end of Aggie alley but rally chicken was my favorite. Just some dude with (what I believe was) an actual stuffed chicken on a stick.
dabo man
AG
The Rally Rooster!!

Seems like someone in TexAgs used to have a picture of it in action.
AgRyan04
One of my life regrets is getting rid of my Rally Rooster t-shirt sometime after graduating.

The rooster used to have a website as well
twk
AG
Sean98 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Sean98 said:

BoerneGator said:

Quote:

To be clear, I have no idea what their current rules were. I was answer's Borne's question about how/why they'd have jurisdiction.

If the NCAA allows it or ignores it (seems like they must have in '22) then have at it. If they look at our recent games with a good number of people out there and they might make a decent decision unless they are able to monetize it.
Sometimes, it's not about the rule book, but who the NCAA appoints as tournament director (usually a retired coach, or coach who isn't in the tournament). Back in the day, we always seemed to draw guys who were sticklers for every rule and regulation. It may be that the tournament directors in 2022 just didn't make an issue of it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.