Gavin health?

1,576 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Decay
Gyles Marrett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Gavin still a little hurting or is he just not a big speed guy? When he hit that ball up the middle with Chestnut stealing third it looked like a no doubter he'd beat that out as slow as it was hit and we were going to score....then the throw comes across and he looked like he was laboring somewhat as they get him in what really wasn't even that close of a play.
dallasiteinsa02
Their shortstop was playing almost up the middle and did a great job at fielding it.
AggieBB
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Their shortstop was playing almost up the middle and did a great job at fielding it.
And just about everyone in the lineup beats that out. SS made a great play, but that should have been an infield single. I knew GG was no speed burner, but had no idea he was that slow.
dallasiteinsa02
I have to disagree. We had a similar play later in the game that was also an out. Not sure on the hitter. Gavin isn't fast but short of Chestnut I don't know if anyone gets there. The ball got to the fielder pretty quick.
grover1263
FYI, GG This under a 6.6 60. He has a hamstring issue. That's all
threeanout
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

Is Gavin still a little hurting or is he just not a big speed guy? When he hit that ball up the middle with Chestnut stealing third it looked like a no doubter he'd beat that out as slow as it was hit and we were going to score....then the throw comes across and he looked like he was laboring somewhat as they get him in what really wasn't even that close of a play.
I thought the same thing, and turned to the guy next me me to ask if he slipped coming out of the box.
trouble
AG
He was still dang quick last night.
Gyles Marrett
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I have to disagree. We had a similar play later in the game that was also an out. Not sure on the hitter. Gavin isn't fast but short of Chestnut I don't know if anyone gets there. The ball got to the fielder pretty quick.
I'd rewatch it, ball was weakly hit, squirted over the mound barely missing 2nd base. He wasn't shaded very far up the middle and got to it with ease bc it was hit so softly. Chestnut, Jace, Appel, Teddy, Ali, and Sorrell all beat that out.
AgEng06
AG
Read above. Hamstring still isn't 100%.

Yet, he's still out there grinding, so give him a break.
Gyles Marrett
AgEng06 said:

Read above. Hamstring still isn't 100%.

Yet, he's still out there grinding, so give him a break.
I'm not being tough on the kid. He's tough as nails. Just concerned for him because it didn't look normal, looked like a laboring run so that would make more sense. Missed that comment about the hamstring. His injury a few weeks ago was said to not be hamstring at the time.

Edit to say my reply was just to the comment that no one except Chestnut would beat that out. Was saying that group I listed likely all beat that out. Wasn't meant to call him slow, was meant to say it didn't seem like that was normal for him.
AgEng06
AG
Fair enough. I misread the intent in your previous posts. My bad.
Gyles Marrett
All good.....He'd still beat me to first by 5-10 steps on one leg
The Marksman
AG
I think Schloss said in his interview the other day that Gavin is fully healthy. He's just not the fastest guy on the team.
Decay
AG
Also that throw was out quick. A regular toss to first doesn't get that out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.