Houston
Sponsored by

Child Psychologist in Katy needed

1,636 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by AgToadie
rancher1953
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My neighbor's son is looking for a great child psychologist in the Katy area. His daughter is 7 years of age and needs behavioral help to control melt downs. Thans
ccolley68
AG
https://grovecrescentcounselingtx.com/

These gals practice is all young kids, give them a call. It's my wife's cousin, but she has been working with kids for years.
El Gallo Blanco
Just want to say that you're a good neighbor.
aggiesundevil4
AG
Do you know if they handle fear/ anxiety issues / panic attacks with kids?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Raising Worry Free Girls is a great book on this topic. Christian world-view and can help parents not feel so powerless. Weren't asking for a book rec but it was very helpful and I refer it often to friends with daughters who are struggling.
ccolley68
AG
aggiesundevil4 said:

Do you know if they handle fear/ anxiety issues / panic attacks with kids?

Yes, I checked with her before I posted just to make sure this type of thing was in her wheelhouse.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Do you know if she has been diagnosed with ADHD?

Have these meltdown/tantrums always been present in her life?

What does baseline look like?
Aggie Therapist
AG
ccolley68 said:

https://grovecrescentcounselingtx.com/

These gals practice is all young kids, give them a call. It's my wife's cousin, but she has been working with kids for years.

I'll second this recommendation. Amy's supervisor Steven was one of my professors at the University of Houston and was tough as nails in making sure we understood the material. He specializes in working with kiddos.
rancher1953
Neighbor's daughter has not been diagnosed with ADHD, However his daughter does suffer from a rare condition known as chromosome 16 deletion which affects her learning ability a bit. However he comment to me that after he looked at the Groves Crescent Counseling site he was uncomfortable with the mention of LGBQTQIA+ being mentioned in her bio. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I wouldn't look into the LGTBQ in bios as a bad thing. It's just letting that community know that they won't be judged by their way of life. Counselors treat every client differently based on the presenting problem.

Do I have it in mine? No. I respect your friend's decision though.
Big Cat `93
AG
If you don't mind a drive to the Loop, give Bellaire Family Counseling a try.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Also, don't settle on a counselor that isn't a good fit for the child. Make sure that kiddo likes her therapist.

The parents shouldn't be afraid to "fire" the clinician and keep searching for a good fit.

PM if you need any other advice!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Have they been evaluated for Occupational Therapy? We did that with my 4 year old and it worked wonders. All about coping technique and practicing and preparing for situations that cause melt downs.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I second this.

My daughter has bad ADHD and occupational therapist helps out a lot!

That and some focalin
AgToadie
Katy Child Psychology / Dr. Poysky are another great resource in the area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.