***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,128,603 Views | 23722 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by EastCoastAgNc
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Chas sucks

That's not on Espada

Chas put himself in the lineup against a righty the day he came back when Loperfido was hitting over .300?
Serviam
Ag_07 said:

This wasn't that bad of a loss.

This was a tip your cap type game to Anderson. He outpitched HB.

Framber's BS stunt was the one to point to as a bad loss.

Of the entire Framber saga, the funniest thing is that his "going rogue" was "pitch balls right down the pipe". His thought process was "Yainier wants this one low and outside, how about middle middle baby, that's the ticket"
The Porkchop Express
Serviam said:

Ag_07 said:

This wasn't that bad of a loss.

This was a tip your cap type game to Anderson. He outpitched HB.

Framber's BS stunt was the one to point to as a bad loss.

Of the entire Framber saga, the funniest thing is that his "going rogue" was "pitch balls right down the pipe". His thought process was "Yainier wants this one low and outside, how about middle middle baby, that's the ticket"
That's the best part of the explanation. Framber thinking .. what would he never see coming, how about the middle of the plate with a pitch that has zero movement? Framber, you magnificent *******, you've done it again!
The Porkchop Express
Tuck now leading the majors in HR and walks.
Mathguy64
AG
I get the "Chas is back let's get him in the lineup" sentiment by Joe, but he got two L/R decisions backwards.

Joey should have played yesterday and Chas today.

Caratini should have been in verses the righty yesterday not the lefty today. He got that one backwards too.

If you are going to get guys spot starts and play L/R matchups you can't get them backwards like that.
MaxPower
Catcher decision may have been about getting Caratini with HB and not lefty / righty. It also gives Yanier two days off in a row.
Ag_07
AG
Has Caratini always caught HB?

Wonder if they played Caratini today to match him up with Brown.
MaxPower
One positive on this homestead is Altuve's defense. He made a number of challenging plays. Given how he has generally graded defensively the last several seasons, I think he's been a lot better this year. It's not really showing up in statcast but he's been quick turning double plays, getting lead runners and showed maneuverability to get the tag em out, throw em out DP today.
linkdude
AG
Really encouraging outing from HB other than the mistake pitch to Paris. Jamming the RHB so they can't sit on the plate would be a good evolution for him.
Big test next week in Seattle. He won't be able to go fastball as much, but with their swing and miss hopefully his slider/curve plays better.
Ag_07
AG
Defense in general on this team has been much improved over last season.

Which I kind of expected with Espada at the helm.
MaxPower
I'd agree outside Peña. I dunno what his deal is but he's gone in the crapper since winning that GG.
Beau Holder
AG
Yankees big slugger doing that thing ours doesn't anymore except for that solo shot barely clearing the wall yesterday. 2-0 Janks off of Miller early.
linkdude
AG
Phils up early, 6-2
redline248
AG
Finally have a chance to catch up on the thread...and then looked at the box score. We really lost a game in which we allowed 3 hits? Can't even blame that one on Brown or any other pitcher.

wtf
Silent For Too Long
MaxPower said:

I'd agree outside Peña. I dunno what his deal is but he's gone in the crapper since winning that GG.

He's bat has improved so much it's hard to quible with his glove, but he hasn't been as dependable their as he was his rookie year for sure.
Silent For Too Long
So I was at the game in section 109 with a great vantage point to Pena's hit and that sure as **** looked like a honerun to me. The bounce and everyone seems like it.

Don't really understand why that was reversed.
FrioAg 00
AG
Silver lining on a crap day - looks good not to lose ground in the division.

But what a freaking missed opportunity
Boiling Denim
Did anyone have Diaz hitting about as well as 2023 Maldy after May 22nd on their bingo card?
Boiling Denim
Silent For Too Long said:

So I was at the game in section 109 with a great vantage point to Pena's hit and that sure as **** looked like a honerun to me. The bounce and everyone seems like it.

If replay couldn't overturn that obvious of a call then it should be scrapped. Very obvious it hit the line
tjack16
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Did anyone have Diaz hitting about as well as 2023 Maldy after May 22nd on their bingo card?

Diaz is hitting .264

Maldonado was at .191
Booma94
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Silent For Too Long said:

If replay couldn't overturn that obvious of a call then it should be scrapped. Very obvious it hit the line.
I believe they appropriately applied the ground rule. Had the ball bound into the stands it would have been a home run. Because ti caromed into the field of play it was ruled a ground rule double.
txags92
AG
For those keeping score, Bregman is now 4/27 (.148) with no HRs hitting in the 4 spot since he was moved back to it on the 15th after going 8/19 (.421) with 3 HRs in the 5 or 6 spot. At what point do those numbers become not "just fan stuff" and we at least try moving him back down the lineup? I know 2015 will swear that the Bregman's woes have nothing to do with where he hits, but numbers don't lie. He is 2/20 (.100) in the last 5 games hitting at the 4 after his "mechanics change" supposedly fixed things while he was hitting 5th or 6th in the order. Strange that his mechanics tweaks don't appear to have carried over since he was moved back to the 4.
BadAggie
AG
Always good when we get the L out of the way earlier in the day
The Porkchop Express
Who had Chas/Yan with 3 total HR on May 22?
redline248
AG
Nobody, but those same nobody had Singleton being a solid contributor or Meyers with the 2nd highest OPS on the team.
AggieMD95
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Who had Chas/Yan with 3 total HR on May 22?
oof
redline248
AG
Chas did not get off to a good start, but he's played in less than half the team's games. I'm not going to be as harsh on him, right now.

I maintain Yainer needs to find his elevation
W
AG
Espada is now 'pot committed' to Bregman in the 4-hole
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Refresh
Page 678 of 678

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.