Jesus, remember me, when you come into your Kingdom

1,552 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by shsuAg12
DeProfundis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Photo from the Church of St.Dismas in Zagreb,Croatia. One of my favorite saints, and a reminder to always beg Jesus for mercy, His love knows no bounds.
Thaddeus73
AG
Right on..."Remember" means a lot more than just recalling a past event!
swimmerbabe11

SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Literally can't sleep tonight thinking of the sacrifice He made for us. The pain He endured for us.
AG
Amen.
DeProfundis
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Literally can't sleep tonight thinking of the sacrifice He made for us. The pain He endured for us.

You're doing Good Friday right
Thaddeus73
AG
One or two of those lashes at the pillar had my name on them...
Mark Fairchild
AG
Mine as well.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
rathAG05
AG
It's still the most incredible story known to man. And you know it's divine, because man could never conceive such a thing.

Thank you, Jesus for all that you have done and for all yet to be done.
DirtDiver
When thinking about the guy who said "remember me"...

1. He was found guilty and sentenced to death by crucifixion. Makes me wonder what He did.
2. He mocked Jesus publicly when Jesus must have been at his lowest point being separated from the Father for the first time in all of eternity as He bore the sins of the world.
3. He was not in a position where he could do anything good in his life going forward.

AND

Jesus showed off the unfathomable love and grace of God that freely forgives the worst of sinners who can offer Him nothing in return.
Gunny456
AG
For me also. Words don't do justice to his love.
BCG Disciple
AG
Good Friday always makes me think about a story a pastor of mine told me. He was just a few years out of seminary and had to visit a church member at the hospital. The church member had just lost their 17 year old son in a car accident. He was the church members only child.

My pastor was as nervous and anxious as he can ever recall being. He knew that there were absolutely no words that would console a grieving father going through a tragedy like that. He was not looking forward to being there and answering a "why" question, especially in this moment. There is no answer that a parent would accept. To make matters worse, he even felt silly having to do it as a mid 20 year old without a family. He felt powerless and had nothing to offer, despite reflecting on it for hours trying to prepare.

When he got to the hospital and met the father, the father broke down in tears. The father struggled to tearfully say "I don't understand…I don't understand how God could willingly sacrifice his only son for us." My pastor said that he just broke down and wept along side of him.
shsuAg12
Amen!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.