tres dias retreats

648 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TRL-Ag
Prexys Moon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry I initially posted this on Politics and thought was over here.

second try

anybody familiar with Tres Dias retreats? Our bible church has quite a few people going over the last few years, and they come back really transformed. some of the detractors say it's catholic, but the speakers at the area one we have people go to has 2 baptists and a nondenom pastor as the main teaches. I haven't been but what I've heard has been great and I'm intrigued.
Bob Lee
AG
Prexys Moon said:

Sorry I initially posted this on Politics and thought was over here.

second try

anybody familiar with Tres Dias retreats? Our bible church has quite a few people going over the last few years, and they come back really transformed. some of the detractors say it's catholic, but the speakers at the area one we have people go to has 2 baptists and a nondenom pastor as the main teaches. I haven't been but what I've heard has been great and I'm intrigued.

Looking at the schedule on their website, these go through the end of day on Sundays meaning Catholics couldn't go to it and meet their Sunday obligation. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The detractors, did they give any specifics about what upset them?
UTExan
Is this like the Walk to Emmaus or Chrysalis events?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Catholic here. Nothing wrong with going on a retreat and allowing the Holy Spirit guide you and being you home to the church.

Many different forms of these retreats, I love ACTS ministry, which is a very Catholic version of this, complete with 24hr adoration chapels. Beautiful.

Anywho, I can't speak to tres Dias, but it seems to follow the same format as ACTS, Walk to Emmaus, Crusillo, etc.

As a fellow Christian, i encourage you to go, and allow yourself to be prayerful and retreat from this world to go focus on Him, and minister to your soul. It can be life changing, and even if it's a little "too Catholic" thst can't hurt ya to be ecumenical and learn something new.

So I googled it. And yup, it's based on the crusillo ministry, so it will probably have a heavy Catholic tint.

Quote:

TRES DIAS is based on the principles, the method, and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Cursillo movement initially proposed by Eduardo Bonnin and his fellow Christians.

But then they also base everything on the KJV Bible… so they got that going for them.

Quote:

Note: For purposes of standards and principles, Tres Dias ascribes to those stated in the "Authorized King James Version" of the Bible of 1611 (KJV).
TRL-Ag
Yes. I've been. If someone offers to sponsor you go. It's a great weekend to grow closer in your walk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.