Men's Summit

611 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a ticket for a Men's Conference at Gateway Church in Southlake that I can't make. It's for tonight and all day tomorrow. If anyone can make it, I'll transfer you the ticket.

https://www.menssummit.com/
10andBOUNCE
AG
Is this a concert or what? Link doesn't really explain much.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Sorry. I see that they've changed the site some now that the event has kicked off for this year.

So, it's a day and a half event that's has worship, fellowship, and speakers.

The "kick off party" starts in the parking lot. Many food trucks from around town set up shop and you can just go to each one and try everything. All the food is covered in the price of the ticket. They also have a car show, archery lanes, axe throwing, and other fun stuff. It changes every year.

The evening opens with worship. Usually it's an artist that currently has a hit at the top of the charts. Last year it was Phil Wickham. This year it was Josh Baldwin. Then they'll have a speaker close out the evening.

The following full day is divided into three sessions of worship and speakers. Again, it's an artist who probably has a song playing on the radio at the time. This year, I know Leeland is one of the artist. In the past they've had others, but I don't remember their names.

The speakers are usually pastors from other big churches. It the past, they've had Mike Todd, Chad Veach, Dan Lian, and Tim Ross.

They've also had a couple motivational speakers. Tim Tebow came a couple years ago. They also have comedians that do a bit at the beginning of sessions.

Finally, it ends with a big block party. Lots of food and fun.

It's a fun, rejuvenating event. Unfortunately, I just couldn't make it this year.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.