***** Israel vs Iran Conflict Update Thread *****

149,639 Views | 1123 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by 74OA
Raiderjay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since this looks like it will actually be a thing, creating this separate thread for discussion on the pending conflict
HunterAggie
If it is real, then there go my profits in the stock market for 2024.

This world is going to get crazy. (and the U.S. will get even crazier than it is today).
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
let's get ready to rummmbbblllleee
Tea Party
America is broke and should stay out of it.

We have our own issues on the homefront that need to be addressed before we can go back to being the world police.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Raiderjay
I still can't believe Iran will launch a large scale direct attack in Israel from Iran…. Israel will respond wirh massive lethal force…
Raiderjay
And if Iran attacks our forces defending iIsrael, will then it's electric boogaloo long time time coming for Iran….
C@LAg
Raiderjay said:

And if Iran attacks our forces defending iIsrael, will then it's electric boogaloo long time time coming for Iran….
we will do jack.
Raiderjay
C@LAg said:

Raiderjay said:

we will do jack.

Under this admin, unfortunately you are probably right..
Joes
I still think this will be generally uneventful.
Phog06
AG
Let Israel handle it how they need to handle it. The US, especially with this pathetic administration, should not meddle or interfere with their military campaign against Iran should a war break out.

The Israelis are more than capable of taking down a bunch of thug rag heads if they are ready to FAFO. This confrontation is long over due. I am sure Israel knew exactly what they were doing when they went after the high ranking Iranian officials in Damascus. They are ready for this confrontation and probably welcome it at this point. The Iranians know deep down they are starring down the barrel of destruction if they go to far with Israel.

The only way the US gets involved with Iran is if they directly engage/attack our assets, Israel asks for help or another country directly assists Iran, but even then, it would have to be a pretty significant escalation for us to engage in my opinion.
Raiderjay
Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar all say US cannot use their bases or airspace against Iran…… this admin has totally fubarred our position in the ME
B-1 83
AG
Tea Party said:

America is broke and should stay out of it.

We have our own issues on the homefront that need to be addressed before we can go back to being the world police.

Not.Sure.If.Serious. Maybe trolling or just willfully ignorant of the implications.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
C@LAg
got to admire the Hezbollah pre-fighting. Not a bad strategy to tie up Israel's Iron Dome with rockets, allowing an opening for bigger ordinance from Iran. If it occurs.
austinAG90
AG
They'll use Saudi Airspace like they did in the early 1980's when they bombed Iraq's Nuclear facility.
Desert Fox
AG
Hopefully Israel smacks the Iranians back in their rat holes where they belong.

Someone needs to, and we don't have the balls.
C@LAg
the Israelis were idiots to delay their attack on the south to appease Biden and other lefties.

should have gone in weeks ago, with the wrath of god, wiped out Hamas, allowing them to focus on external threats.
flashplayer
AG
The people running these countries all like money. They love money more than ideals. There is no money in attacking Israel, only financial devastation. This isn't like Ukraine / Russia.

This is all saber rattling from both sides so they can make more…….money.
C@LAg
flashplayer said:

The people running these countries all like money. They love money more than ideals. There is no money in attacking Israel, only financial devastation. This isn't like Ukraine / Russia.

normally, yes.

but both the US and Israel seem to be treating this evening differently. and the denial of use of our bases/airfields by other mid-east countries indicate they do as well.
UTExan
Hamas launches 8 rockets today from Gaza:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/at-least-8-rockets-fired-from-gaza-at-sderot-no-casualties/

Looks like Biden was wrong again.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Dan Scott
AG
Iran will bomb a designated site with that will cause
Minor damage but enough to show they responded. Nobody's wants a war.
aggiehawg
AG
C@LAg said:

flashplayer said:

normally, yes.

but both the US and Israel seem to be treating this evening differently. and the denial of use of our bases/airfields by other mid-east countries indicate they do as well.
That is bothering me as well. Must have their reasons and specific knowledge that something will happen at some point soon.
Joes
Dan Scott said:

At most this is what I expect as well. Something they can show off to their own population but to the outside world it will be basically ignored.
txags92
AG
Raiderjay said:

Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar all say US cannot use their bases or airspace against Iran…… this admin has totally fubarred our position in the ME
So Staff, I am just asking the question early in this thread because I don't want to step outside the as yet undefined borders on this thread... Will we be allowed to discuss derivative topics on this thread, such as how the Turks are not acting in good faith as a supposed NATO ally in closing their airspace for our use in this case? Or is this going to be tightly controlled to only topics specifically discussing Iran or Israel? To me, the issue is germaine to Israel because the closure is coming into play because Turkey is taking the side of Iran over Israel, while technically they are supposed to be our ally.

[We generally follow the scope outlined in the OP. This one is a thread on the conflict between Israel and Iran, and we'll try to keep it to that. One-off comments about tangential topics aren't always removed, but when they start creating a separate thread within the thread we remove them to keep the thread in line with its OP. You're always free to start a thread on a related topic if you feel like it doesn't get enough room to run in this thread -- Staff]
GAC06
AG
If Iran attacks us directly, I'd see Turkey as not acting in good faith if they close their airspace. They don't have any obligation under NATO to help us help Israel
GAC06
AG
Joes said:

Dan Scott said:

At most this is what I expect as well. Something they can show off to their own population but to the outside world it will be basically ignored.

Basically what they did as retaliation for Soleimani
Agthatbuilds
Raiderjay said:

Since this looks like it will actually be a thing, creating this separate thread for discussion on the pending conflict

Need to add usa to thread title. We'll be heavily involved as well.
txags92
AG
GAC06 said:

If Iran attacks us directly, I'd see Turkey as not acting in good faith if they close their airspace. They don't have any obligation under NATO to help us help Israel

Seems like closing the airspace to us for a base we are paying them to let us have in their country in a conflict between two countries that are no friend of Turkey is an unfriendly act…one of many they have directed toward us lately.
Agthatbuilds

Krazykat
AG
Stocked up on popcorn for the weekend. Go Israel!
Junction71
AG
Maybe one of 100 Iranian cruise missiles aimed at Israel will accidently take out the Dome of the Rock/AlAqsa Mosque.
C@LAg
Brits sitting this one out.

C@LAg
Agthatbuilds
Agthatbuilds
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Following for hopefully a big nothing burger. Not sure I want to see end times yet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.