NYT article on Gen Z and protests

2,469 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by ts5641
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2024/04/27/us-news/gen-z-doesnt-know-why-theyre-protesting-for-palestine/

When polled, Genzers don't know what River and sea the chant is about.

LGBTQetc folks protest in favor of the very regime that will lock them up for 10 years just for what they believe.

The list goes on.

I seriously can't even.
techno-ag
AG
New York Post. The superior one.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
aggiehawg
AG
There were a lot of people protesting the Vietnam who were just as clueless.
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

Forget the three r's, these Ivy League elitists are schooled in the three i's: ignorance, indoctrination and Instagram.

And all for the low, low price of a lifetime of crippling student loan debt.
Sid Farkas
AG
aggiehawg said:

this...go watch old documentaries like "Monterey Pop". The stupidity is in your face from the first minute.
Agvet12
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Quote:

Forget the three r's, these Ivy League elitists are schooled in the three i's: ignorance, indoctrination and Instagram.

And all for the low, low price of a lifetime of crippling student loan debt.

Just avoid paying it and dems will eventually forgive to buy votes ….
TAMUallen
AG
They don't care about any of the chants. It's just cool sounding and must be meaningful, bruh!
Ulysses90
AG
Matt Walsh framed the lefty and Gen Z protesters better than anything I have heard before. Protesting is church service for liberals. They go because it is checking the box for what good liberals are expected to do.

Most of them are like cultural Christians that only show up for Church on Christmas and Easter and could not quote any scripture, know nothing about the difference between the old and new testaments, and know nothing about how the canonical books of the Bible came to be. But, the show up for church services twice a year dressed like they know everyone else will be dressed and put a few dollars in the collection plate.

The lefties, whther Gen Z or otherwise, don't know anything about Israel or Hamas. They could not find Gaza or Israel on a map and if you showed them, they couldn't draw the borders of a notional two state solution. They are idiots and only there to be seen and check the box. They don't believe that the coordinated cross border attack was made with the intent of slaughtering and raping civilians because if that really happened, somebody from their liberal tribe would have told them.

Even so, Israel retaliating against Hamas marked the beginning of high holy days for leftists. The interfere with the daily lives of infidels with their theatrics. They even borrow from Jewish traditions and have their own "festival of booths" where they set up tents and camp out.

Extending Matt Walsh's analogy, I would descrine the protests against the Israeli war on Hamas as a nationwide camp meeting revival for the liberal church. Revivals are when the lazy stay at home liberal church members are expected to show up and proclaim their affiliation to remain membersin good standing. They believe that 3p years from now, having attended these protests will give them cred like having marched with MLK Jr. at Selma and facing dogs and water hoses.

The current liberal church revival is a bit different than most revivals in the past decade because the devil they are rebuking is Israel rather than the United States. Most liberal church revivals are initiated by the MSM giving 24/7 news coverage to the death of a black felon in the process of being apprehended by the police for the commission of a crime e.g. St. George Floyd and St. Michael Brown and BLM rings the church bells to summon the faithful. Sometimes, the newly beatified saint is.not being apprehended by the police but earns their wings during a violent engagement with a white guy (or a white Hispanic). St Trayvon Martin got his wings from George Zimmermanan and St Jordan Neely got his from Daniel Penny. Regardless, mostly peaceful street revivals will follow.

They are brain dead idiots performing the secular ritual of collecrive virtue signalling.
Decay
AG
When I was younger I respected anti-war protests because I thought they were standing on their principles. Turns out they're basically just commies who were cheering for their team. Same deal with these Hamas supporters.
techno-ag
AG
Decay said:

When I was younger I respected anti-war protests because I thought they were standing on their principles. Turns out they're basically just commies who were cheering for their team. Same deal with these Hamas supporters.
Appropriate username.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Martin Cash
AG
dds08 said:

https://nypost.com/2024/04/27/us-news/gen-z-doesnt-know-why-theyre-protesting-for-palestine/

LGBTQetc folks protest in favor of the very regime that will lock them up for 10 years throw them off the top of a ten story building just for what they believe.

The list goes on.

I seriously can't even.
FIFY
AustinAg2K
It's much less disturbing if they don't know why they're protesting.
bobbranco
AG
dds08 said:

LGBTQetc folks protest in favor of the very regime that kill them will lock them up for 10 years just for what they believe.

Huge FIFY.

eta: Martin. Good eta.
deddog
AG
dds08 said:

LGBTQetc folks protest in favor of the very regime that will lock them up for 10 years just for what they believe.

The list goes on.

I seriously can't even.

Remember, Trump was the one who will put them in camps and take away children from LGbTQ parents.
Yes, these people are mental
MelvinUdall
aggiehawg said:

The difference is now, everyone has access to the internet and can look this all up…I could at least understand back in the 60's and 70's getting caught up in a protest about Vietnam.
APHIS AG
dds08 said:

The list goes on.

I seriously can't even.
Telling us what we already know is redundant. Our education system is severely broken.

In the news, one student was asked if not graduating was worth it and she stated yes for she felt strongly about it. She should have been taught that one must choose their battles and choosing one where she will not win is a foolish one.
Rapier108
They're called useful idiots for a reason.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
1988PA-Aggie
These morons have been taught to believe everything is a struggle of oppressor vs.oppressed. Rather than think for themselves, they do a knee-jerk reaction and say Israel (and America) are oppressors due to military or tactical prowess, therefore the 'bad guys'. Hamas (and the people who elected them) are the victims.

"Oh, Oct. 7th? No, no it is all _________ (fill in the blank)'s fault. Hamas was just retaliating to oppression." Oh please....

The scary thing is that while these idiots are few in number overall, and they are so blind, stupid, and easy to manipulate, that they are ripe for radicalization. And radicals have a history of doing some pretty horrible deeds. Whether they are true students, or paid protestors by Soros/other, their intensity is growing.

The left can talk about how white supremacy is a threat to America, number one I think FJB said?

You don't think radical muslims with nothing to lose are not more dangerous? Crack a recent history book. SMH
agwrestler
AG
TAMUallen said:

They don't care about any of the chants. It's just cool sounding and must be meaningful, bruh!

Hey
Ho
Pedo Biden
Has Got
To Go!
Fightin_Aggie
AG
AustinAg2K said:

It's much less disturbing if they don't know why they're protesting.
I find it more frightening

It shows they have no desire to learn history or current events

Useful idiots will be used
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
SA68AG
AG
aggiehawg said:

Not even close. The general population and students were not nearly as clueless

When you have high school classmates, friends and relatives coming back in body bags or you've
been yourself or heard first hand from people coming back alive that it's a complete cluste****, you're not nearly as clueless as today's college students.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/media/maher-torches-anti-israel-protesters-block-traffic-as-narcissists-want-cosplay-revolutionaries

Quote:

But maybe from now on before anyone commits an act of civil disobedience, they should ask themselves a few questions like is the most important thing in my life, something I hadn't heard of six months ago? Do I even know wha the f--- I'm talking about? Am I really here for the cause, or is the cause here to bring you me?" Maher told his audience.

Of all people, Bill Maher, but he nailed it on this one.
ts5641
Yes the Post. A paper that will occasionally write truth, whereas the NYT...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.