Have you ever protested anything

4,682 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by AgFormerlyInIrving
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never done it. What kind of mindset does it take to go protest. There has to be tea party protesters here. Share the story
Teslag
AG
No. I have a job and real hobbies
usmcbrooks
My bedtime, when I was 7.
aTmAg
AG
That's like asking, "are you a dumbass?"
FIDO*98*
AG
My Property tax.
Muy
AG
Yes, my senior year of high school our class President set up a walkout to not being allowed to wear shorts in school. Local Austin news even came out.

Edited: This was the Spring of '85
The Chicken Ranch
AG
FIDO*98* said:

My Property tax.

This.
goatchze
AG
Eggplant casserole.

Mom said you'll go to bed hungry. I said yes ma'am I will.
CanyonAg77
AG
I drove a tractor in some American Agriculture Movement tractorcades, and rode along on some of the 1979 DC Tractorcade. Dad and mom gave money to purchase the tractor driven by the DC leader, to donate it to the Smithsonian.
APHIS AG
People today are both stupid and ignorant and do not do the research needed in order to make a proper decision on which battle to fight.

Emotion again drives them and that is why liberalism is so dangerous for they use emotion to make those decisions.
BonfireNerd04
I was at a counter-protest when BLM wanted to remove Sully.
peacedude
AG
10+ times, but nobody protested alongside me.

Won every argument...except when the uber liberal A&M gave me an F after an admitted clerical error, wouldn't change it, and then flunked me out of school because of their mistake.

I got my revenge.

They don't offer BANA degrees any longer, do they?
Psycho Bunny
I protest my wife's cooking.

If I go missing she's the suspect.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
Ribeye-Rare
AG
'bout the closest I've ever come to being a protester was thinking in 1975 that C.W. McCall's 'Convoy' (which was protesting the 55 mph nationwide speed limit) was an entertaining song.

EDIT: For those too young to remember the 'double nickel' ...
Quote:

In 1974, the federal government passed the National Maximum Speed Law, which restricted the maximum permissible vehicle speed limit to 55 miles per hour (mph) on all interstate roads in the United States. The law was a response to the 1973 oil embargo, and its intent was to reduce fuel consumption.
Ginormus Ag
AG
I was going to protest against protesting, but I don't know how to show it.
BTHOB-98
FIDO*98* said:

My Property tax.

This!
Ags4DaWin
This thread
SunrayAg
AG
When I was a student at A&M (1991ish), Ann Richard's and the dims tried to ban semi automatic guns and magazines in Texas. So I went with a couple of thousand others and walked around the capitol building holding some 9 mm magazines. Some guys had theirs duct taped to broom sticks. Some of us were just holding the mags. Taunting the dims for trying to classify a gun part as a dangerous weapon.

Luckily, Texas has had no dim governors since her, so that was the extent of my protest march experience.
Hungry Ojos
The Catholic Church.
JB!98
AG
I have been part of a pretty rough protest. In 6th grade they served those nasty "cheeseburgers" when it clearly stated on the menu that it was enchilada day. I went on a hunger strike that day refusing to eat the burger. My protest lead to me being hungry the rest of the day. I believe I taught them a lesson the George West ISD will never forget!
agent-maroon
AG
I used to protest all sorts of things, but it always ended the second Mom said "Just wait until your father gets home"...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Teslag said:

Translated-"I'm not willing to make sacrifices to do anything about the things I ***** about."
No Spin Ag
Teslag said:

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Teslag
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Teslag said:

Translated-"I'm not willing to make sacrifices to do anything about the things I ***** about."

Protesting isn't sacrificing. It's just *****ing and moaning and accomplishes next to nothing most of the time.

If I don't like how my life is going I change it. I don't carry bull**** signs and block traffic.
one safe place
Granny panties. The damn things are an abomination and should never have been invented.
DD88
AG
I've been to more Counterprotests than Protests, usually to have the other side covered in the media. It's also useful to educate some of the protestors about the organizations behind their protests and ask them if they support those extreme agendas. Many will reconsider their attendance.
Tramp96
This one time. Victoria High School. Either my junior or senior year, so it was in sometime around the 1989-1991 range. Teachers talked us into doing a "walkout" or "sit-in" over them not getting a pay raise. I think we walked out of class and sat in the hallway. Then the principal came on the speaker, thanked us for peacefully making our opinion known, and then asked us to return to class.

It's not like any of us really had a choice not to participate. I laugh thinking back on it now. The teachers totally manipulated us into doing it.
DeSantis 2024
Houston Lee
AG
I protested when I turned 13 and the Movie Cinemas made me buy an Adult movie ticket, but would not let me see a rated R film.

Still makes me mad to this dayā€¦
BQ_90
AG
I've protested every ban Ive gotten on Texags by not posting for specified timeframe. Power to the people
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I went to the counterprotest against Richard Spencer and his group on 12/6/2016. Other than that, I have never protested anything.
Aggie7156
I protested liver when I was young. Dad would cook that nasty stuff up and would tell me no tv unless I ate it. Thank God for coolaid. Put a piece in my mouth and swallow it with a gulp of coolaid. Never tasted it. It was always on a Saturday. I had to watch love boat and fantasy island so I made my way through it
ShaggySLC
Muy said:

Yes, my senior year of high school our class President set up a walkout to not being allowed to wear shorts in school. Local Austin news even came out.

Edited: This was the Spring of '85
Y'all freaking started this!!
waitwhat?
No need to mock the act of protesting overall. It's a legitimate form of group expression of views/concerns.

The Boston tea party was a protest. The civil rights movement saw many legitimate, warranted protests.

The fact that modern leftists have begun protesting literally anything, even the most absurd causes, doesn't change that protests are sometimes warranted and worthwhile. It's even in the 1st amendment.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Psycho Bunny
Here's your local fun police.
Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate
MouthBQ98
AG
Many of us engage in civil disobedience regarding the posted speed limit in some places.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.