Texans: Who would you rather face?

1,357 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Max Power
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ravens or Chiefs?

Quote:

If the Bills win, the Texans will play in Baltimore next Saturday.

If Pittsburgh is victorious, the Texans will face the Chiefs on Saturday in Kansas City.
Arrowhead is open: high temp is expected to be 24-33 deg-F

"The Bank" is also open: high temp is expected to be 27-32 deg-F

Chiefs are 11-6 and Balitmore is 13-4. Mahomes has thrown 17 iNTs to 28 TDs, Jackson has thrown 7 INTs to 27 TDs... (Stroud is 5 INTs to 26 TDs)

(Edit: had wrong stats for Stroud before, that was Texans team stats)
boy09
AG
Baltimore is the last team in the NFL i would want to play under any circumstance.
G.I.Bro
8 INTs for Stroud???
LB12Diamond
AG
Cowboys!!

Just kidding
The Porkchop Express
G.I.Bro said:

8 INTs for Stroud???
26 and 5 are the real numbers.
And Jackson's passing #s are not the reason to fear him IMHO
E
AG
Chiefs... no one wants to play Baltimore in their elements
ac
The Texans probably match up better against the Chiefs.
halfastros81
AG
Chiefs for sure. Not gonna happen.

Maybe was premature on the "not gonna happen ". Steelers seems to be gaining steam.
halfastros81
AG
Baltimore should be the favorite to win the Super Bowl imo. Elements don't impact it imo. They are simply the toughest out.
5 Dollar Footlong
Might be in the minority but weather being even, I prefer Baltimore.
- They got the bye but teams do sometimes lose their mojo coming out of it.
- Difficult to beat the same team twice in a season especially one that has improved as much as the Texans.
- Lamar Jackson has a lousy post season record (1-3) just like you know who. Meanwhile everyone knows what Mahones does in the post season.
- I'm not going to have to see Taylor Swift and her mega ultra neon red lipstick on my TV for 3 hours.

Not gonna be ez but neither will be KC. Why we love the post season.
AggieZUUL
AG
Gimme the Ravens and their elements.
To quote the great Chris Farley..."I want Holyfield!"

Max Power
AG
5 Dollar Footlong said:

Might be in the minority but weather being even, I prefer Baltimore.
- They got the bye but teams do sometimes lose their mojo coming out of it.
- Difficult to beat the same team twice in a season especially one that has improved as much as the Texans.
- Lamar Jackson has a lousy post season record (1-3) just like you know who. Meanwhile everyone knows what Mahones does in the post season.
- I'm not going to have to see Taylor Swift and her mega ultra neon red lipstick on my TV for 3 hours.

Not gonna be ez but neither will be KC. Why we love the post season.
I don't know that I prefer one over the other but the point about Jackson in the playoffs vs Mahomes is the best one to make. Baltimore finished with the best record in the NFL at 13-4. They also had the best point differential at +203. Their defense gave up the least points in the league at 280 and scored 4th most points at 483. Houston by comparison was 13th in points scored, 11th in points allowed, and 12th in differential.

Baltimore's losses:
vs Colts (22-19) OT
Indy made a FG in the last minute to tie it up
@ Steelers (17-10)
Did not score again after a FG early in the second quarter
vs Browns (33-31)
Cleveland scored the last 16 points of the game, including a pick 6
vs Steelers (17-10 last week of the season, bye locked up, doesn't really count IMO)

Pretty tough to find a specific trend/point to focus on in the game. Zay Flowers is their leading WR at 858 yards, Jackson's their best rusher at 821 yards. IMO they need to do their best to keep Jackson in the pocket, make him try to win with his arm.

Houston's chances rest on Stroud's arm. If the o-line performs like they did vs Cleveland we have a fighters chance. Baltimore is great on both sides of the ball, but so is Cleveland. I do think getting out in front early is key, hit the defense in the mouth if possible.

The football fan in me is just happy there's another Buffalo/KC game in the playoffs, that's going to be fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.