Spell Check suddenly got very bad

2,453 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AJ02
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the spell check function on my browser (Chrome) for email and Texags and my inspection software has gotten incredibly bad. As in you mistype one letter and when you right click on the word it comes up with completely barely even close correction choices rather than the choice to just correct the typo.

As a medicore tpist and speelr. This is important to me.

Did I accidentally mess with a setting? Where would this setting even be? Something I simply take for granted, until it stops working and I realize I have no clue where to even look. Is it Chrome based, windows, something else?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah man 100%

Was thinking about posting this same thing to see if it was just me.

Its degenerated over the past few months. Apple seems like its trying hard to intentionally **** up.

Maybe they got some new AI **** thats off the rails.

A real problem. Anyone else seeing this ****?

dubi
AG
Quote:

As a medicore tpist and speelr, this is important to me.
FIFY
YouBet
AG
I noticed it one day and then it fixed itself. But for that one day I thought I was going insane because my phone was auto-correcting about every other word to random *****
Stat Monitor Repairman
Detects a a common misspelled word and the correct spelling ain't even in the list.

They all *****ed up on this.

It's been getting progressively worse.

I don't know what's going on with this. And I;m surprised nobody else is seeing this.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This could be some kind of unknown virus thats been undetected.
techno-ag
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

This could be some kind of unknown virus thats been undetected.
This spells dume!
kb2001
AG
My guess would be they are testing out AI engines to see how they perform at simple tasks, like spell checking and auto correct. They've probably got a few different models, and now they're experimenting with them with real world data.
Absolute
AG
If so, I am dramatically less worried about the robots taking over Tha world......
C@LAg
asked staff a few months ago.

they ignored me.

https://texags.com/forums/69/topics/3384372
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Anecdotally, my wife sent a text to another mom in the neighborhood this past weekend. Her first name is Brynn. I don't know if she voice texted or typed it, but before she realized it, she sent it out as something like:

"Hi Amy, this is Brother Man. I'm David's mom."

Thought it was quite humorous. She was able to send her actual first name before the other mom responded.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Comments on this conspiracy theory from reddit:

Spellcheck suddenly got very bad because it's being used to train AI.

Instead of clicking the box with a traffic light humans are being used to confirm spelling and usage of slang and other vernacular in common speech.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Am still seeing this. Spell check continues to get worse over time. A drastic change over the past 6-months. We talking auto-correcting a very common word to something completely out of context. Very bizarre. They must be using spell check and autocorrect in the background to train AI.

Every time you have to go back and correct it, you are the one doing free work.
AJ02
AG
Mine is also capitalizing random words that in no way should be capitalized.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.