Houston
Sponsored by

Ugh! SJL Files for Re-election to House

3,960 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by 94chem
86 Tex Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our favorite Congress woman loses the mayoral race to Whitmire and files for her congressional seat. Will she win?
LRHF
AG
86 Tex Ag said:

Our favorite Congress woman loses the mayoral race to Whitmire and files for her congressional seat. Will she win?

Yea, that's my girl!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Lol. Her district is drawn to reward her stupidity. Add the sad white libs in the heights.....and she wins easily.

Them Suuuuutheeerrn Boooooooyyyzzz!
chimpanzee
The district is a lock for her party, she has a pension, she's old, the only record-ish thing she mentioned that I saw was that she sent federal dollars to her district after disasters, the "walk and chew gum" of congressional duties. Why is she still there, does she just like yelling at people that much?

The fact that a boss that had 180% turnover can still manage to staff an office boggles the mind. What an odd situation. No one likes her, yet no one will run against her (until now, maybe). It's basically a meme, but I'm expecting my paranoid uncle to send around Facebook posts listing a dozen or so people that died suspiciously after crossing paths with SJL.

Al Bula
AG
Now that Jerome is no longer with us, Booboo needs to take up the reigns and manage upward. SJL sure don't want ****a** or Fuc*face running dat congressional office.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
I'd like to think she'd be pretty "vunnable" after losing the mayoral race. Someone might be able to run on a campaign of "if she's not good enough for Houston, she's not good enough for America" and beat her.
cajunaggie08
AG
I would think she could be beat in a primary. They mayoral race shows she no longer knows how to actually campaign. Yes the district is a lock for a democratic candidate, but no reason she can't be beaten in march. No one has seriously tried to do so for years.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Amanda Edwards has the best shot of beating her.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Amanda has already raised more than $1 million
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
WHen I picked up my weekly copy of the AframNews at Valero last week, I was somewhat surprised to see they endorsed Whitmire. Maybe SJL fatigue is real. Or maybe she doesn't have anyone around her anymore who knows how to distribute cash in the community.
Ryan the Temp
AG
DustysLineup said:

WHen I picked up my weekly copy of the AframNews at Valero last week, I was somewhat surprised to see they endorsed Whitmire. Maybe SJL fatigue is real. Or maybe she doesn't have anyone around her anymore who knows how to distribute cash in the community.
Carl Davis still "walks around" for her.
TxKng82
AG
I'm sure she will still win, BUT she barely one her district like ~21K to ~20K against Whitmire.
A. That's damn close for someone who's been the Congresswoman for that district forever.
B. That's a lot of people who didn't give a rat's A about her enough to help her win the Mayoral race.

One can hope this might be the election they get rid of her.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Edwards is starting to pull some big names supporting her. Realtor Bill Baldwin is hosting a fundraiser for her, which will no doubt bring in some big bucks and more big names. She is definitely a serious threat to Sheila in the primary.
TX04Aggie
AG
Question is, Sheila is pretty ineffective in Congress, so will Amanda be some sort of progressive go getter? Id take SJL incompetence over someone that wants to be AOC. I have no idea about Amanda, so not judging her, just saying..
Ryan the Temp
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Question is, Sheila is pretty ineffective in Congress, so will Amanda be some sort of progressive go getter? Id take SJL incompetence over someone that wants to be AOC. I have no idea about Amanda, so not judging her, just saying..
She doesn't strike me as the AOC type, but for me, she has a proven track record of effective constituent services and working for communities. SJL simply DOES NOT do any actual constituent services. Sure, she's useful from time to time and organizations I've served with have benefitted from her assistance on occasion, but by and large, she completely fails at one of the primary functions of a representative.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Astute question. SJL is powerless and harmless, just an embarrassing media hog. She has no friends, no coalition to push through legislation, and no leadership roles. Her office has a revolving door for staff departures.

Amanda does not have to be an AOC-type to be more dangerous (depending on your political leanings) than SJL. A smart, younger, no-hype, left-leaning democrat would be much more effective at advancing the democrat agenda than an aging SJL ever could be. For Republicans, even those in CD18, we are probably better off with SJL winning that primary.
Ciboag96
Ah SJL. You're the gift that keeps on giving. Never give up, you're weaveness. Keep reaching for the moon gas.
wessimo
AG
You forgot the clip.

Ciboag96
Her idiocy and hubris one-two punch are intoxicating

wessimo
AG
While she's a great source of stupidity, I don't think many are lusting after her.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Interesting:
Irish 2.0
The 'heir' was supposed to be her daughter. Would be rather amusing if they didn't have the chance to properly usher her in and instill her into her mom's spot.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

The 'heir' was supposed to be her daughter. Would be rather amusing if they didn't have the chance to properly usher her in and instill her into her mom's spot.
Funny - I never heard this from any Democrats, ever.
Irish 2.0
Was something I'd heard from a guy that worked on Whitmire's campaign as well as assisted some with Amanda Edwards.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The Democrats you know are not the only people who talk about local politics.

I've heard it too, and not from anyone connected to Whitmire. Probably just reasonable speculation based on the daughter's past demonstrated political ambitions?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
94chem
wessimo said:

You forgot the clip.

At first I said, "That has to be artificial intelligence." Then I realized, "Nope. It's just real stupidity."
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.