West Texas
Sponsored by

How do you know when it's time to move on from current job?

1,397 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LoneStarBQ
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From idCareerMatch
Connecting the Movers & Shakers

This is a question I get asked often, especially from current students at A&M when I do guest lectures. When is it time to move on from a job you're currently in?

This can be answered a hundred different ways depending on the individual situation, but ultimately I think it boils down to following your gut. Most of us wait longer than we should, often putting off what is generally an awkward and uncomfortable situation. Leaving for what seems like greener pastures doesn't always work out, but sometimes it can be worth the risk!

What is on your dream job wish list if you're a candidate or potential candidate? Let me help you find a perfect fit!

Kellie (Hayman) Binkley '05
979-587-7865
kbinkley@idcareermatch.com
idCareerMatch
LoneStarBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In my opinion, first it depends on your family situation. A single person will have more freedom and less complications. Then if the job is not allowing you to progress or the company is treating you unfairly, you might need to start looking around. But I would advise to try not to burn any bridges. Amazing how those can come back and haunt you.
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.