Rule 1 - another family mobile

4,156 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Alte Schule
neutics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2024 Santa Fe XRT. These came out a few weeks ago and I know the looks are somewhat controversial (copy of a Land Rover and the butt is kind of ugly) but drives like a dream. Couldn't beat the combination of space inside for the size and a pretty good value too. It's smaller than the Palisade of course yet the 3rd row is not bad at all. Design of the interior is incredible in my opinion if you get a chance to look at one - unique yet very functional. I'm guessing the new Palisade will look similar.

I tried to buy through reproag but he didn't have an XRT in stock and Limited was another month+. We needed a car ASAP to replace our old Outback that was startling to leak through the cam seal ($4,500 fix, no thanks!)

Really wanted a Ridgeline but not the right time for the family and even the '24 models does not have the Pilot's 10 speed transmission yet. I'm aware the DCT on these is somewhat suspicious too though has a long warranty.

cryption
Nice! I personally love the look. Boxy vehicles rule
BenTheGoodAg
AG
neutics said:

I'm confused. Is the minivan behind that sweet looking XRT?
neutics
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

neutics said:

Yup we've got a minivan too HA. 22 Carnival
The Dog Lord
AG
Love the Land Rover-esque boxier look. I've always had black vehicles, but I'm seriously considering a dark gray like that next time. Love the look of it with black wheels.
Goat Man
AG
Hyundai/Kia continue to hit styling home runs. It is really amazing how many nice looking vehicles this company makes.
Sazerac
AG
What's the price point on these?
Buck Turgidson
So is that a Land Rover that actually runs?
reproag
AG
neutics said:

2024 Santa Fe XRT. These came out a few weeks ago and I know the looks are somewhat controversial (copy of a Land Rover and the butt is kind of ugly) but drives like a dream. Couldn't beat the combination of space inside for the size and a pretty good value too. It's smaller than the Palisade of course yet the 3rd row is not bad at all. Design of the interior is incredible in my opinion if you get a chance to look at one - unique yet very functional. I'm guessing the new Palisade will look similar.

I tried to buy through reproag but he didn't have an XRT in stock and Limited was another month+. We needed a car ASAP to replace our old Outback that was startling to leak through the cam seal ($4,500 fix, no thanks!)

Really wanted a Ridgeline but not the right time for the family and even the '24 models does not have the Pilot's 10 speed transmission yet. I'm aware the DCT on these is somewhat suspicious too though has a long warranty.

Hyundai has stepped up their game with this one. Appreciate the opportunity and glad y'all found one that would work for you.
reproag
AG
Sazerac said:

SEL $37's
XRT $43's
Limited $45's
neutics
AG
reproag said:

Sazerac said:

SEL $37's
XRT $43's
Limited $45's
Most dealers I talked to in Texas are right at MSRP and a few add-ons of course. I was able to negotiate the 'free' tint plus a little military discount which helped.

Keep in mind the XRT has standard AWD and rides 1.3" higher with 30" tires. SEL and Limited AWD is optional.
reproag
AG
neutics said:

reproag said:

Sazerac said:

SEL $37's
XRT $43's
Limited $45's
Most dealers I talked to in Texas are right at MSRP and a few add-ons of course. I was able to negotiate the 'free' tint plus a little military discount which helped.

Keep in mind the XRT has standard AWD and rides 1.3" higher with 30" tires. SEL and Limited AWD is optional.
Yes sir. MSPR plus ads is the price point for the new Santa Fe. All rebates, including Military, are good at all Hyundai dealerships.
ElephantRider
AG
neutics said:

BenTheGoodAg said:

neutics said:

Yup we've got a minivan too HA. 22 Carnival
We got a carnival last month and it is awesome
chet98
AG
Will be interested to get an update after a few months. This vehicle is on my radar as possible next purchase (in a couple of years, to be fair,)
chet98
AG
How you liking the Santa Fe after about a month?
neutics
AG
Only 1k miles on it but here's a quick summary of what I've done:

-took it on a scout camping trip with my son, and it was raining so we slept in the back (seats lay almost perfectly flat and it's just long enough for me at 5'10). It was muddy there too so got to do some light off-roading, enough to know that it's quick to send power to the rear wheels but I don't think it can shift power side to side.

-Gas tank is supposedly 17.7 gallons, which is already on the small side for a vehicle this size. However, they must keep a ton in reserve because even though the mpg is ok the range is not good...250-300 miles/tank which is mostly around town. Supposedly this improves after 5k so will see. MPG is averaging 22 which is to be expected for the XRT. Hybrid is about 32 but they don't offer that in the XRT trim.

-installed a front skid plate (XRT should have come with this) and trailer hitch, plus cross bars I can throw on top to carry our kayaks. This thing will be perfect for carrying bikes/kayaks and the grab handles on the side are actually somewhat functional, or at least my son likes them.

-highway driving assist is not as smooth as our Kia Carnival, so I mostly just turn it off (lane keep assist works well). There is an annoying eye tracking technology though that beeps if you cover it up with your hand/arm at 1 o clock

-Can't complain at all about the driving dynamics, turning radius, ride, etc. I think the XRT tires help here again with some extra rubber and I like the extra little lift and ground clearance too.

Seeing the new Land Cruiser and 4Runners made me think twice about this purchase, but both would have been at least $20k more I think, don't have 3rd rows (except an option in the limited 4Runner), and are hard to get I bet. Plus let's be honest I'm not doing any baja or overloading in this thing. Gravel roads to trailheads.

My son loves the 3rd row for some reason so insists on sitting back there..has decent space and his own A/c controls. It's still best for pre-teens I'd say or adults around town, but not much further. Again, the dimensions of this are deceiving as it's about the same size as an Outback yet I swear feels nearly as big as a minivan inside.

No problems with the DCT or anything else mechanically. Takes some getting used to the shift mechanism but shifts are butter smooth and power is plentiful when you punch it. Not sure if a DCT would be good for towing?

All in all happy with it and plan to keep until my son get's his license...he's already claimed it HA.
El Chupacabra
Nice looking vehicle, I went and looked at one yesterday after seeing this thread. No XRT around me, but looked at the Calligraphy. Pretty slick vehicle.

What's the over all consensus on Hyundai?
Alte Schule
I have owned three Hyundai's. '07 Santa Fe, '11 Tuscon and a '15 Genesis. My wife's current driver is an '19 Tuscon. The only problem we had with any of them is with the current Tuscon that had to have the turbo replaced at 11K miles. A week in the shop under warranty and a loaner so no big deal. All the others had routine maintenance. No mechanical issues. Hyundai's warranty of 5 year/60 K on new vehicles and 10 year/100 K on the drive train is the best in the business. Won't hesitate to buy another one.

I want to mention that for those that don't know Genesis is a Hyundai product like Lexus is to Toyota. I sold my 5.0 Genesis (to a good Ag on this forum) after 6 years and 17K miles (I'm an old dude) because I missed having a third pedal and a rag top.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.