WTB Pre-owned F150 (need advice)

1,101 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by aggiepaintrain
CuriousAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to trade in luxury suv for used F150 (thinking about King Ranch Trim). I am a city slicker, but like to do projects around the house. So trim is purely for aesthetics and being able to haul things when needed.

Based on where I want to be in price... I am seeing 2021's with ~50k miles. Lets say this one:
2021 F150 King Ranch

I have never owned a truck, but looking to get 3 things out of it.

1) Haul things
2) Wife thinks it is nice enough to put herself and 2 girls in
3) road trip (once every few years to Colorado or Florida) / Dependability & Comfort

Is there anything I should be concerned about in the 2021 model or any other F150 models?

TIA
texags08
AG
I would stay away from 21 models specifically for COVID quality reasons. You just never know.

I have KR trim on my F150 and Expedition. Will only go with that because I can't stand light tan or black leather. Aesthetically they are very nice inside and out. Good quality leather compared to Lariat/Limited. We alternate which vehicle we take even for nicer things because both are very nice inside and can carry the whole family.

Mechanically I would say get 2WD in your situation and would lean towards the 2.7 EcoBoost if they even have it in KR trim. If not I would say 5.0 then 3.5 EcoBoost. My rational on that is the 2.7 EB in 2WD will get great MPGs, if you can't get that I would say 5.0 for the reliability if you plan to keep long term. 3.5EB is my personal favorite but I have a different use case than you.

The only advantage to 4wd for you would be that the KR has 4 Auto which is very helpful in the rain, and depending on when you go to Colorado would be useful there as well. But you will sacrifice a little in MPG.

CuriousAg
Appreciate the advice!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I have a 2021 KR 4x4

5.0 in it. I think it's great!, accelerates quickly, inside is nicer than my wife's foreign luxury suv,
Haven't had any problems and just crossed over 30k.

CuriousAg
Just curious, have you heard of any other '21s with quality issues due to covid or did you have any hesitations before buying?
Buck Turgidson
If you end up getting one, post a pic. If its white, you will win the auto board's approval for the day.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
CuriousAg said:

Just curious, have you heard of any other '21s with quality issues due to covid or did you have any hesitations before buying?

The steering wheels "leather" was flaking at 23k and the sidesteps paint chipped. Had ford replace for free via warranty claim.

Haven't had anything mechanical yet tho
texags08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

CuriousAg said:

The steering wheels "leather" was flaking at 23k and the sidesteps paint chipped. Had ford replace for free via warranty claim.

Haven't had anything mechanical yet tho

Is the newer KR leather wheel not the same leather as the seats?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
It is, for whatever reason right where you would put your hand on top just flaked
mosdefn14
AG
Option 4, buy a small trailer. Bigger than a pickup bed. Keep the SUV which has a dust & weatherproof cargo area, seats recline for passenger comfort on road trips, and shorter wheelbase for easier turning in the city.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'll be selling a 1ags masterpiece next week for $35k
maverick12
maverick12
AG
I have a Bed Rug and Lomax bed cover on mine and it works great for keeping luggage and gear dry and out of sight on road trips. It also cleans up easily after using it for truck stuff.
CuriousAg
Details…por favor
aggiepaintrain
AG
CuriousAg said:

Details…por favor

2021 2wd 2.7L
Biggest screen
Digital dash
Katzkin Heated leather seats
Ceramic tint on all windows and windshield
60k miles
Power running boards
HID Headlights
Tow
20" Platinum wheels
Badged as XLT, born as STX
power tow mirrors
digital cut floormats and husky bed mat incl

Grey with black interior
aggiepaintrain@gmail.com

oh… and comes with balance of 28 month or 150,000 warranty (on odometer) included (Ford Care)

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.