Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The enigma of Moose

7,675 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Hehateme1
Guy on a Buffalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like the narrative for the past three years is that he was held back in Jimbo's program, yet when he was thrown the ball he would do some of the most amazing things we've seen any WR ever do at Kyle.

Is he poised for a breakout season as he prepares for life after college football? Between his genetics and the obvious talent he's demonstrated, I really want him to be a standout player and key contributor for us this year.

Will 2024 be the year we let the Moose loose?

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Aggie Apotheosis
Guy on a Buffalo said:

Seems like the narrative for the past three years is that he was held back in Jimbo's program, yet when he was thrown the ball he would do some of the most amazing things we've seen any WR ever do at Kyle.

Is he poised for a breakout season as he prepares for life after college football? Between his genetics and the obvious talent he's demonstrated, I really want him to be a standout player and key contributor for us this year.

It's not going to matter how loose the Moose is if our offensive line can't give our QBs time to get him the ball.

Sure hope we can resolve that question because, if we do, Moose is going to make some money.
GigEmReggie
It depends on the sleeve situation.
Cojack
His future is written on his sleeve
jrgypsum
Interesting take. Was this off the cuff?
Sq 17
WR is by far the hardest position to predict how good they will be

Every year about 100 HS seniors look like they could be the next Mike Evans and a only a dozen will have lengthy nfl careers only 1-2 will be Hall of Fame candidates

When Bama was rolling they signed 3+ of the best prospects every year and usually one Would make it to the league
Hope Moose is one of the guys that makes it to the next level but never can be certain about WRs
P.U.T.U
AG
He has shown flashes of talent but has not been consistent
Furlock Bones
AG
Weirdly it sounds like he's struggling under Elko this spring. Is he one of those players that just doesn't practice well?
StinkyPinky
AG
Sleeves. Makes you think.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
His favorite Christmas hymn is probably What Child Is This?
DFCURT
P.U.T.U said:

He has shown flashes of talent but has not been consistent

This.
W
AG
it's the story of the second half of the Jimbo era

players that just kind of flounder

the apparent talent doesn't become special or elite --- it remains at jag level
Ag_0112358132134
This will be his fifth year after being underutilized for four straight seasons. I am truly shocked he is even still here.

I am sure some of his underutilization is his own fault for not always doing what is required in practice or workouts or whatever, but the fact remains that we haven't had wide receivers who can consistently get open and make big catches for years now, and he sat on the bench while other players did a downright terrible job. Jimbo absolutely wronged him.
rootube
AG
Our offense stunk last year so it's hard to blame a WR if your QB is running for his life and can't get the ball out. Hopefully everyone has a better chance to succeed this year.
NoahAg
Heisman. Give it to him.
agchugger
AG
Ag_0112358132134 said:

This will be his fifth year after being underutilized for four straight seasons. I am truly shocked he is even still here.

I am sure some of his underutilization is his own fault for not always doing what is required in practice or workouts or whatever, but the fact remains that we haven't had wide receivers who can consistently get open and make big catches for years now, and he sat on the bench while other players did a downright terrible job. Jimbo absolutely wronged him.
If he's underutilized for 5 years, doesn't that really just mean he's utilized at about the right level of his capabilities?
Ag_0112358132134
agchugger said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

If he's underutilized for 5 years, doesn't that really just mean he's utilized at about the right level of his capabilities?

If a second head coach "underutilizes" him again this year to make it five in a row, then I will concede it is on Moose, not the coaching, and he is not being underutilized. But I am not conceding anything based on what Jimbo did because he was an absolutely abysmal manager of personnel.
one safe place
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious said:

His favorite Christmas hymn is probably What Child Is This?

Oddly, that is my favorite too. Unlike Moose, I was a step slow what with my 5.7 time in the 40 though many said I could cut on a half dollar. Did have decent hands. I didn't have a highlight reel, just a single photograph.
JustisWalkert
AG
offenseguru
AG
He can be a productive receiver for sure. But he is absolutely not a can't miss or freak athlete and certainly was not a top tier of sec level recruit. His 40 is ok. His explosiveness metrics were not. Not sure latest
greg.w.h
AG
Ag_0112358132134 said:

agchugger said:

Ag_0112358132134 said:

If a second head coach "underutilizes" him again this year to make it five in a row, then I will concede it is on Moose, not the coaching, and he is not being underutilized. But I am not conceding anything based on what Jimbo did because he was an absolutely abysmal manager of personnel.
Hire Jimbo and fire him again…he hasn't propitiated for his sins or ours enough for a mere $77 million…
NewEra2023
AG
Spectacular catch ability (team's best and effortlessly). Good vertical. Fairly sure hands. Not a high motor. Doesn't always accelerate off line or come back to the ball. Kid can ball though.
theBaum
AG
W said:

it's the story of the second half of the Jimbo era

players that just kind of flounder

the apparent talent doesn't become special or elite --- it remains at jag level
I completely agree with this. Why can't A&M get its players over the hump to achieve elite success and star power, but within the SEC and nationally?
offenseguru
AG
Ummm his poor vertical is exactly why he wasn't more highly rated. And is an indicator of his lack of explosiveness or acceleration. I don't think the kid lacks a high motor as much as he just isn't that guy athletically. He's worked hard to add good weight and strength and become as explosive as he can but at WR vs DB in the sec we are talking some of the most elite athletic profiles on the planet and that's not him.
offenseguru
AG
Still I think he can be productive but only if some other guys open up the defense for him.
Maroon Flash
AG
Grossly underutilized. Makes the contested catches. Hope this is corrected.
Girlhowdy
AG
MMMMOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE….
Gig 'Em, Ags
Bryanisbest
AG
What is Moose's 40 time?
P.U.T.U
AG
Bryanisbest said:

What is Moose's 40 time?
High 4.4-4.5, plenty of speed but like others have said it seems like he doesn't have the drive to excel
NewEra2023
AG
You're wrong. He hurdled a guy and does not have a high motor.
83Aggie
AG
Time to roll up the sleeves and get to work
TyperWoods
Guy on a Buffalo said:

We may let him loose since we are over limit and I suspect he can have issues with discipline.

offenseguru
AG
His vert was a 28 coming out of hs. Multiple services put that knock on him and the pro scouts do too now. I saw the play he hurdled a guy it was a running move it was not a freak vert. 40 time is fine. Explosion and acceleration are very different measures. He does not have it at the top tier sec level. That is why we have him and not Bama or some other more notable program. He could be productive if used in the mix with more elite athletes
W
AG
LSU QB and both LSU WR's taken in the 1st round

the passing game is so, so important
Hehateme1
offenseguru said:

His vert was a 28 coming out of hs. Multiple services put that knock on him and the pro scouts do too now. I saw the play he hurdled a guy it was a running move it was not a freak vert. 40 time is fine. Explosion and acceleration are very different measures. He does not have it at the top tier sec level. That is why we have him and not Bama or some other more notable program. He could be productive if used in the mix with more elite athletes
Are you a bot ??

Perhaps AU ?

Artificial Unintelligence?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.