Business & Investing
Sponsored by

UNITED STATES CORPORATION AGENTS, INC

1,273 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Jabin
Tecolote
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell me about what this organization is and why a company would have them listed as the registered agent for a company. What do they do for someone's company?
Jabin
Act as registered agent?
Tecolote
AG
Jabin said:

Act as registered agent?
Yeah, thanks. Anyone know that organization and their "services" as a registered agent.

ETA: I'm assuming the company that I'm particularly interested in uses so to help hide lawsuits.
LOYAL AG
AG
Tecolote said:

Jabin said:

Act as registered agent?
Yeah, thanks. Anyone know that organization and their "services" as a registered agent.

ETA: I'm assuming the company that I'm particularly interested in uses so to help hide lawsuits.

That's a leap. A company is required to have a registered agent and that person is usually required to be available at the listed address during business hours. If your work requires you to be mobile then you're not capable of being available as required so you pay a company like this $100/year to fill that role. It's very common.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
EliteZags
AG
directed specifically for incorporated companies of an industry doing business
OldArmyCT
AG
My little Vietnam unit has an association, we have a RR in Oregon, pay him, I think, $49 a year. Not sure what he does other than keep our TIN active.
Jabin
Tecolote said:

Jabin said:

Act as registered agent?

That's silly. How would using a 3rd party as a registered agent "help hide lawsuits"?

And the use of a 3rd party as a RA is common. I'll bet that virtually all large companies use 3rd party RAs. You don't want process servers showing up in your waiting room and either demanding to see a company officer or, even worse, simply serving the receptionist. If the 3rd party RA is served, they know to immediately forward the papers to the corporate GC or an officer. It provides a more orderly and accountable method of service on the company.

Third party RAs also provide miscellaneous services like taking care of routine corporate filings. The corporation may prepare the content but then sends them to the RA for actual filing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.