Not Acceptable

3,738 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiedrjdub
DoubleOEight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And not impressed with effort....

Women's BB you say, ok.

Houstonag
AG
No consistency and lack of focus.
greg.w.h
AG
Time to start the fire Joni chants, I seeā€¦
aggiebrad94
AG
Only got to watch about 15 minutes and I was surprised at how little effort we put into getting loose balls.
greg.w.h
AG
The team has Jekyl and Hyde moments.
aggiedrjdub
AG
greg.w.h said:

The team has Jekyl and Hyde moments.
The men's team, too, for sure.

I'm super excited for coach to be called into help coach the Olympics. Selfishly, that does take time and focus away from our program. Kind of felt like last summer was some of the same. Not an opportunity you pass up, I understand and I'm sure it won't have as big of an impact on our current roster and may even help with recruiting, but I would rather she be here with us. LOL. Hope she brings back another gold, though!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
trackaggie76
AG
I fear for what might happen against LSU!
greg.w.h
AG
To the extent her national team(s) visibility helps our recruiting, I'm all in. But that seems more likely with the younger teams not the Olympic team. Coaching the Olympic team is a dream job for truly talented coaches even as an assistant. So much exposure to our current crop of highly performing players that are best in the land (he writes without irony.)
Stone44
AG
Not getting it done. Program has dropped to mediocre status.
jja79
AG
That happened before she got here to be fair.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Difficult to watch these days, especially with Vic S. doing well over in ugly orange Ausin.

Next year will define whether the right hire was made or not, I already have serious doubts.
Bucketrunner
It was the right hire. Rebuilding is not an overnight job
Rudybryan
LatinAggie1997 said:

Difficult to watch these days, especially with Vic S. doing well over in ugly orange Ausin.

Next year will define whether the right hire was made or not, I already have serious doubts.
When are you all going to let Vic news die......he is not and won't be our coach if you like him so much

buy season tickets at UT and go watch
Rudybryan
Have you all seen the latest NIL report top 6 ON3 valuations
players in NCAA WBB

Reese LSU $1.7 M

F Johnson LSU $1.1 M

Clark Iowa $970K

Cavinder TCU $868K

Bueckers UCONN $652 K

Lith LSU $563K

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/womens-basketball/

Anyone know what ours are......by the way check out link and you can see how many
social media followers they have

LatinAggie1997
AG
Rudybryan said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

When are you all going to let Vic news die......he is not and won't be our coach if you like him so much

buy season tickets at UT and go watch

He was an assistant here and lots of people wish he was back here. He did well at cowbell and is doing well at sip. I don't care what your opinion is nor how much you whine about mine.
Our program does not look good and doesn't seem to be on the right trajectory.
greg.w.h
AG
So we should have kept Blair since he accomplished more than Vic and has an NC??
LatinAggie1997
AG
greg.w.h said:

So we should have kept Blair since he accomplished more than Vic and has an NC??

Again, a left field assertion having nothing to do with the issue. The issue is that it seems we guessed wrong. I don't know what hire would have been great except Vic, so I made a comment about it, and dislike all the success he is having for another school. Fairly simple opinion.
Vic was here under Blair. Blair retired. We hired a new coach. Vic did and is doing extremely well. Our program is not. Next year might be time to rethink and regroup. Outside of those obvious observations I have nothing to add except I hope we figure it out.
greg.w.h
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

greg.w.h said:

Again, a left field assertion having nothing to do with the issue. The issue is that it seems we guessed wrong. I don't know what hire would have been great except Vic, so I made a comment about it, and dislike all the success he is having for another school. Fairly simple opinion.
Vic was here under Blair. Blair retired. We hired a new coach. Vic did and is doing extremely well. Our program is not. Next year might be time to rethink and regroup. Outside of those obvious observations I have nothing to add except I hope we figure it out.
Noā€¦we were hot to trot to fire Blair and Vic hasn't accomplished what Gary did yet. Plus we won't pay for him or for Kim. We cheap and we complain more than support.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think we support well when we are winning. It's hard to get butts in the seats when you're not a national player. I love Gary but his time was up. Hopefully Joni can turn this around. I've been monitoring how our seasons are going compared to South Carolina's seasons when Dawn took over. We are about where she was, almost to the wins. Actually, year two we have out performed what she did in year 2.

The outlier, of course, is Mulkey, who just wins wherever she's goes. To win a national title in year 2 - just wow. She was immediately effective even in year 1 with what she had.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Which Aggie team will show up today?
fitzwatema
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Which Aggie team will show up today?
Not the right one!
greg.w.h
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I think we support well when we are winning. It's hard to get butts in the seats when you're not a national player. I love Gary but his time was up. Hopefully Joni can turn this around. I've been monitoring how our seasons are going compared to South Carolina's seasons when Dawn took over. We are about where she was, almost to the wins. Actually, year two we have out performed what she did in year 2.

The outlier, of course, is Mulkey, who just wins wherever she's goes. To win a national title in year 2 - just wow. She was immediately effective even in year 1 with what she had.
Fans using excuses not to support need to bank up Brinks armored cars.
aggiedrjdub
AG
There are other ways to support than showing up to the stadium. But show me a school where season tickets and butts in seats don't fall off when the team stops winning. I am going to throw my attendance and support to the programs at A&M that are winning. And the argument that we have to throw money at the athletic department to have an opinion is tired.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.