Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

7/11 Egg salad sandwiches

4,562 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Tanya 93
AggieDad24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kids are getting antsy for our return to Japan this summer. The thing they're missing the most is 7-Eleven egg salad sandwiches of all things. Decided to be father of the year and make shokupan so we can have them as part of our Super Bowl party.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Wut
betadawg1
AG
I like the Lawson's a little bit better, but good stuff anyway you go.
AggieDad24
betadawg1 said:

I like the Lawson's a little bit better, but good stuff anyway you go.

My kids are 7-Eleven fans. I am team Family Mart.
swampstander
AG
Egg salad is delicious in an iceberg lettuce roll-up Try it!
Dalhousietrio
That is awesome! It was our first stop when we got there in July. The egg salad sandwich was the first thing we had.

Sethtevious
MookieBlaylock said:

Wut
He made a loaf of milk bread
Velvet Jones
AG
Best. Bread, Ever.

It's a pita, but I think I'll make some today.
AggieDad24
Velvet Jones said:

Best. Bread, Ever.

It's a pita, but I think I'll make some today.

The only thing that was kind of a pain was three separate rises. I also wouldn't do it without a stand mixer.
Velvet Jones
AG
Agreed on the stand mixer. And yeah, it's not tough to make, but it's not something you throw together in a few minutes.

So good though.

Enjoy!
nosoupforyou
AG

TXAG 05
AG
Do 7-11s not have egg salad sandwiches here, or is it different? I've never been to Japan, just curious.
Velvet Jones
AG
The bread and the mayo make all the difference.

Tomago Sando
GAC06
AG
7/11's in Japan have food that's good to eat. I would not eat whatever they have at 7/11's here
The Milkman
AG
I wouldn't eat an egg salad sandwich from a michilin star chef here either.
EclipseAg
AG
The four-day-old hot dogs on the roller are pretty good, too.
HtownAg92
AG

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave? Allsup's burrito's are a given, so don't count. I'll submit one: Chester's potato logs

Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave?
You can go to a gas station and get the best BBQ you ever got in your life

LOL OLD
Eliminatus
AG
Science Denier said:

Quote:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave?
You can go to a gas station and get the best BBQ you ever got in your life

No kidding. Texas is also filled with taqueria style hidey holes buried in gas stations. Some of the best food I've ever had in my life. Then you have the more established ones like Laredo Taco and Stripes. I would grossly overpay for an Allsups burrito right now too.
MAROON
AG
every time we go to London my son eats at least two Egg & Cress sandwiches a day from Pret a Manger. We will be walking along and look back and he is gone. We see the Pret, and sure enough he comes walking out with the sandwich. He's addicted to them.
malenurse
AG
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Spam Musubi at 7-Eleven gas stations in Hawaii. It was a frequent stop on the way home when I lived there.
bigtruckguy3500
I used to love going to 7/11 and Lawsons for snacks, as well as Japanese grocery stores in general.
fav13andac1)c
AG
How did the shokupan turn out? Do you have a bread slicer or do you go by eye? Do you have a recipe? Looks delicious and I bet it freezes well and it's probably cheaper than store-bought.
Unemployed
AG
If you're in Houston, you can get them at Seiwa Market. Have to go early, though.
NC2001
AG
Unemployed said:

If you're in Houston, you can get them at Seiwa Market. Have to go early, though.
85 degree bakery sells a pretty good one too.
FIDO*98*
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Apart from Buc-ee's, Woody's and Prasek's, are there American gas station foods that you will not only grab in a pinch on a road trip, but sometimes actively crave? Allsup's burrito's are a given, so don't count. I'll submit one: Chester's potato logs

Best Stop Boudin. Can't wait until the location in New Braunfels opens.
LCE
AG
Weikels in LaGrange has excellent burgers and Reuben sandwich. Chess pie is also excellent
ValleyRatAg
AG
I'm a huge fan of the 7-11 egg salad sandwich here in the US. If I find myself in Japan I will definitely get one.
Bulldog73
AG
The new one in Toledo Town is clutch.
BlueMiles
AG
This reminds me of a News Radio show where Phil Hartman loved the vending machine sandwiches. I tried to find a clip of it but could not.
Tanya 93
HtownAg92 said:

Casey's pizza
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.