Marble

10,092 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AggByMarriage
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I get it, let it go. This isn't about "what happened to him?" Or "will he be back?", but rather how I became a meme this season.

Did a player named Marble actually ever play for us, or was it a figment of our imagination created by an over-creative poster on meds?

Maybe some tshjrts with his silhouette with "put in Marble!" could be created and worn at every game next season would help us close the door?
carl spacklers hat
I don't think that's a good idea.

Given the silence surrounding his status, my opinion is that this is a Title IX issue with confidentiality strings attached. University is likely handling it internally to try to resolve the matter, probably already has, which is why he remains enrolled at A&M but incognito and away from the basketball team.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Serious reply: would love to have him back next year.
frenchtoast
Same. Assuming he would want to play next season, and not at A&M, I wonder if his current issues preclude him from entering the transfer portal.
Muy
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Given the silence surrounding his status, my opinion is that this is a Title IX issue with confidentiality strings attached. University is likely handling it internally to try to resolve the matter, probably already has, which is why he remains enrolled at A&M but incognito and away from the basketball team.

Debbie Downer much?

Of course this is a Title IX issue so not making light of that. On a serious note, how can this take so frigging long?!!!
TyperWoods
Muy said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Debbie Downer much?

Of course this is a Title IX issue so not making light of that. On a serious note, how can this take so frigging long?!!!

It's probably resolved already and just not spoken of.
bobinator
AG
Anyone starting a new Marble thread will henceforth be penalized by being forced to watch one half of Virginia basketball with audio commentary from Hop
Know Your Enemy
AG
TyperWoods said:

Muy said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Debbie Downer much?

It's probably resolved already and just not spoken of.

If so I wonder why he's still in school here and hasn't entered the portal.
94chem
Yet another example of why civil and criminal matters should be handled by real courts and not by kangaroo court. If there was a victim, they deserve justice. If there was a perpetrator, they deserve punishment. So tired of universities, churches, etc., sweeping stuff under the rug. If there was crime, report it. If there wasn't, shut up and move on.

Universities should be dealing with cheating and parking violations, not rape, larceny, defamation, etc.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
FTAG 2000
AG
Muy said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Debbie Downer much?

Because it's handled by the same incompetent university administrative that think giving out multi-year guaranteed deals with full buyouts is a good idea.

Complete Idiot
bobinator said:

Anyone starting a new Marble thread will henceforth be penalized by being forced to watch one half of Virginia basketball with audio commentary from Hop
THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 1. BILL OF RIGHTS

Sec. 13. EXCESSIVE BAIL OR FINES; CRUEL OR UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT; OPEN COURTS; REMEDY BY DUE COURSE OF LAW. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel or unusual punishment inflicted. All courts shall be open, and every person for an injury done him, in his lands, goods, person or reputation, shall have remedy by due course of law.
Complete Idiot
I get all the arguments about we have no right or even need to know, but I have to admit I am shocked that we don't have a full story, or more speculation and rumors, regarding what happened with Mr Marble. In today's world it seems everything is shared or speculated upon in the social media space.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
You want more speculation or rumors?

Two words:

Alien Abduction
Complete Idiot
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Two words:

Alien Abduction
Its not so much that I want it, I'm just surprised it doesn't exist.

Or maybe it does exist but because I'm not that interested I haven't read it.

Maybe more surprised Julius, or another party that may be involved, or perhaps a family member of Julius or anyone else, hasn't shared something private on social media and had it harvested and posted here.
Aginnebraska
AG
94chem said:

Yet another example of why civil and criminal matters should be handled by real courts and not by kangaroo court. If there was a victim, they deserve justice. If there was a perpetrator, they deserve punishment. So tired of universities, churches, etc., sweeping stuff under the rug. If there was crime, report it. If there wasn't, shut up and move on.

Universities should be dealing with cheating and parking violations, not rape, larceny, defamation, etc.
Your opinion here shouldn't seem radical but alas common sense is radical in 2024.
NColoradoAG
Has anyone even seen this guy in town the past six months? That's the weirdest thing of all to me. You'd think someone would have said "Hey, I saw Julius at Chipotle today" at a school this size and a town that's fairly small. Maybe I missed it here and there, but the guy seems like he could be in witness protection for all we know.
Muy
AG
Exactly. Did he ever really exist, or is he John Gault?
BigOil
AG
Muy said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Debbie Downer much?

I've seen one case take 4-5 months, and that was at a tiny school. At A&M, depending on staffing resources and the population pool, could completely understand why something takes a long time.
BigOil
AG
94chem said:

Nothing stops an accuser of pursuing criminal and or civil court, however the burden of evidence varies. Likewise the potential repercussions vary as well from title IX to full blown rape criminal court proceedings.

I know of one title IX hearing officer that was a long time retired judge, so blanket kangaroo court comments aren't always applicable.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
BigOil said:

Muy said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Debbie Downer much?

I've seen one case take 4-5 months, and that was at a tiny school. At A&M, depending on staffing resources and the population pool, could completely understand why something takes a long time.
There's a lot of high paid administrators at A&M that think they have to justify their existence. Unfortunately, they don't need to justify their existence much less think they need to in today's corrupt big university money grab thievery going on where you have more "administrators" than you do faculty members teaching students and doing research.
Aggie87
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Has anyone even seen this guy in town the past six months? That's the weirdest thing of all to me. You'd think someone would have said "Hey, I saw Julius at Chipotle today" at a school this size and a town that's fairly small. Maybe I missed it here and there, but the guy seems like he could be in witness protection for all we know.

If he is still taking classes at A&M, it's possible they're all online and he's away from both the program and the campus, up in his hometown of Dallas or somewhere.
NColoradoAG
Aggie87 said:

NColoradoAG said:

If he is still taking classes at A&M, it's possible they're all online and he's away from both the program and the campus, up in his hometown of Dallas or somewhere.
I think that's the most likely scenario.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
NColoradoAG said:

Aggie87 said:

NColoradoAG said:

I think that's the most likely scenario.

Or he's is in ANOTHER GALAXY!
washedupballer
AG
I saw him at Fuzzy's last semester once, so he's still probably in town
KatyAggie2000
AG
I saw two Stanford freshman (highly regarded recruits) are now in the portal. Why the hell hasn't Marble entered? I would have thought he'd done that in November. Weird.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
This Aggie team is all about love and support for each other.

Maybe that is exactly what Julius Marble is hoping to return to after his extended journey into a legal and procedural wilderness has ended.

In other words, as opposed to the mercenary culture that has quickly developed in the Portal Transfer + NIL $ environment over these last few years, perhaps he truly likes and appreciates Buzz, the coaches and his teammates as well Texas A&M itself and truly wants to stay (or return).
carl spacklers hat
Complete Idiot said:

Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Two words:

Alien Abduction
Its not so much that I want it, I'm just surprised it doesn't exist.

Or maybe it does exist but because I'm not that interested I haven't read it.

Maybe more surprised Julius, or another party that may be involved, or perhaps a family member of Julius or anyone else, hasn't shared something private on social media and had it harvested and posted here.
Because, IF this is a Title IX infraction (my suppositions are it is), then all parties are bound by strict confidentiality requirements. Breaching such could result in whatever arrangement was agreed to by both parties (again, I'm ASSUMING this is Title IX) being revoked and a formal inquiry launched and possible involvement of LEO. This is why there has been zero info from Buzz, zero info from the athletic department, zero info from the University, and zero info from Marble or his handlers. IF an agreement was made in an informal resolution process, he could be at risk if any information was released, and whatever agreement was made could or would be revoked and the matter would be kicked up to a different level which can be much more punitive to the respondent (Marble).
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
johnnyblaze36
AG
bobinator said:

Funniest thing ever posted in the history of this forum.

Divining Rod
i think he was among those that kept falling down and disappearing at Kyle Field. We never got answers to that one either.
EliteZags
AG
nah those ppl were handicapped
JJxvi
AG
Ah! What a relief
yell_on_6th st
AG
Divining Rod said:

i think he was among those that kept falling down and disappearing at Kyle Field. We never got answers to that one either.

This. One of the rare ones who weren't handicapped, sad.
AggieCrew44
AG
It wouldn't shock me if they found out he didn't do anything but don't want to announce anything yet and face the backlash while basketball is fresh on everyone's mind. Bad look for a school to say "sorry we messed up and kept him out an entire season for nothing. Forgive us"
Tobias Funke
AG
This is a phenomenon commonly referred to as the Marbela Effect.
jeremy
AG
Muy said:

Exactly. Did he ever really exist, or is he John Gault?

Who is John Gault?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.