51 reasons UH is not great

3,836 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bobinator
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duke holding Houston to 51 refutes the idea, UH was a final four team.

Draw your own conclusions.
gambochaman
AG
We had them right where we wanted them and let them off the hook
zgolfz85
AG
or you could just stfu
Method Man
Shead was the catalyst.
AggieOO
NowhereMan said:

My conclusion is that they aren't a final four team because they didn't make the final four.
bobinator
AG
Houston held Duke to 54 points but they could be a Final Four team, so where's the line here? If you're held to 52 points or under at any point you're out? 52.5?
Double Diamond
Houston was totally final four good. It's a one and done tourney. And Houston lost a key kog.
Kellso
gambochaman said:

We had them right where we wanted them and let them off the hook
May Denny Green RIP.
Pumpkinhead
AG
NowhereMan said:

Did you actually watch the game and notice they lost their star PG 13 minutes in which affected their offense in a notable way from that point forward? Or is this just a post made after seeing the score without any further context?
NowhereMan
always an excuse
mikesyracuse1
I think Houston would have won this game by a decent margin if Shead didn't go out with the ankle injury. I really hate to see guys go out like this, especially during the tournament.

Mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

I think Houston would have won this game by a decent margin if Shead didn't go out with the ankle injury. I really hate to see guys go out like this, especially during the tournament.

Mikesyracuse1

I agree. It seems more likely than not Houston would have won. And that we'd have beaten them if they had lost Shead like that. Their defense didn't suffer much seemingly but offensively you could notice they were notably affected without him.
Tobias Funke
AG
What the heck is the point of this thread?

The conclusion I'm drawing is that you're a miserable human. Did I get it right?
Double Diamond
This dude is just always unhappy.
MarcAg
AG
Second best team in the country, but that's the greatness of March Madness is sometimes the best team doesn't win. Just sucks for that team that they lost Shead.
Method Man
It's just a dumb thread. UH without their best player played Duke to the last play.
Muy
AG
UH is a great team that was upset by a 4 seed blue blood in a game that UH lost a star player in the first half.

No I'm no ChatGPT, just stating the obvious that some are apparently missing.
Rocinante
The conclusion I draw is that the OP isn't great at analyzing information and drawing conclusions.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Cougar High didn't get it done. That's why they went home. Same as 67 other teams.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
OPs just a troll - throws out wild opinions, then doubles and triples down, pretty much exclusively based on opinion...same thing he did the minute the A&M vs UH game went final.
jeremy
AG
Why do people love to crap on our program and be divisive in general? I hate the contrarian narrative and it gets old on this board.

"I think team x looks good"

Ahole: "No, team x sucks and you love losers"

After any issues for any reason:

Ahole: "Told you team x sucks and I'm the smartest man in the room. Come up with any argument and I'll claim you love losers, because I'm so superior."

If team x wins it all:

Ahole: *crickets*
91AggieLawyer
AG
Houston only scored 35 points in 26.5+ minutes the rest of the way when he was out.

1 seeds are 48-18 over 4 seeds in tournament history.

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
What a strange thread

What's the point?
LB12Diamond
AG
Houston is a great team that lost their best player in the first half. It's as simple as that. No reason to overthink it.
bobinator
AG
Incorrect. Sure you could say basketball is a chaotic game and they were down their best player and it's just one game, but it's obviously much more likely a definitive indictment on our entire way of playing basketball.
LB12Diamond
AG
What in the world are you talking about. UH lost bc they lost their best player. It's that simple. Duke loses their best player. They would have lost. You don't have to be contrarian on every post. Leave that for guys in the premium forum.
Sterling82
I detect sarcasm in the post.
bobinator
AG
Sterling82 said:

I felt like I went so far to make it obviously sarcastic that it was going to ruin it
txag72
AG
Quote:

always an excuse
What's yours?
halfastros81
AG
Full strength UH was the only team that had a decent shot at taking down UConn imo but they haven't been full strength for a month. Bad luck sucks. Every team has some. They had way more than their fair share this year
Sterling82
bobinator said:

Sterling82 said:

I felt like I went so far to make it obviously sarcastic that it was going to ruin it

It was humorous. There are some guys that can extrapolate anything into a Buzz sucks narrative.
CDub06
AG
I don't know about y'all, but I'm rooting for NC State. It'll be a nice moral victory if the team that beat the team that beat the team that beat us wins the championship.
bobinator
AG
Nah, Alabama over NC State, a team that beat us beats the team that beat the team that beat the team that beat us. Most moral victory possible. Obviously.
CDub06
AG
You can't beat that scenario.
halfastros81
AG
Burns has some skills but I hate the way the refs allow him to back in at will and bully defenders so not hoping for NC St to win just for that reason.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.