Musselman Out

3,654 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Lake08
borrego29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing new there...we knew he was interviewing with USC. Does anyone know who the Hogs are targeting and whether or not that might i.pact the kids they got as a transfer from UMass (Josh Cohen)?
I read Battle is also transfering out....I would much rather we after him than Devo.
Method Man
Prob Beard.

Also we can target whoever but we haven't gotten the most sought after players in NIL.
MarcAg
AG
Do we have a mil laying around?

Method Man
We didn't pay a mil for Walter Nolan in a sport we care about.
Pumpkinhead
AG
As fanatical as some boosters are, eventually the schools are simply going to have to budget for NIL using a large portion of all that conference TV money to directly pay the players. I think the booster funded money will eventually get fatigued by this arms race as those sources tire of using their own pocket money while the schools collect those big checks.

I saw the Field Of 68 guys estimate that college basketball-wise, approximately 75% of current D1 players with eligibility left will enter the transfer portal before this cycle is over. 75%.
Method Man
We need money to keep Wade. Everyone divert your children's college funds and fix this.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

We need money to keep Wade. Everyone divert your children's college funds and fix this.

If I have a signed legal contract that he will meet performance standards of say 45/40/90 shooting splits, 5:1 turnover ratio or better, plays in 100% of the games, and is a first team All-Conference selection at end of season….otherwise I'd get all my money back plus interest…then I will consider giving him some money
Aston04
AG
It's crazy how much NIL has changed things.

I was watching the press conference for Cuonzo Martin to be introduced as the new coach at Missouri State. Half the press conference was basically begging donors for NIL money.
GrayMatter
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Method Man said:

If I have a signed legal contract that he will meet performance standards of say 45/40/90 shooting splits, 5:1 turnover ratio or better, plays in 100% of the games, and is a first team All-Conference selection at end of season….otherwise I'd get all my money back plus interest…then I will consider giving him some money

You're practically paying for an All-American!
bobinator
AG
I question how much this has really changed things versus just brought it out into the open, especially in basketball. It's no secret that guys were getting paid before. Now that it's out in the open it's probably more players and more money, but coaches were in this game already.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

He's not leaving.
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

I question how much this has really changed things versus just brought it out into the open, especially in basketball. It's no secret that guys were getting paid before. Now that it's out in the open it's probably more players and more money, but coaches were in this game already.
If it were actually all out in the open, I think that would be great. But the deals are only in the open when registered with the school. That's is still better than $500 handshakes. But hardly fully transparent.
bobinator
AG
It's not transparent to us, but it is on the backend to the players and the schools. Maybe not completely transparent obviously, but if a player is coming back with counter offers and there's actual contracts and stuff that's a long way from the days of working through middlemen.
TyHolden
AG
Method Man said:

we probably got 3-4 other players for that. our d-line is still our strongest group.
carl spacklers hat
I'm hearing Beard, too. Will Wade to Ole Miss.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
JJxvi
AG
I'm seeing Beard to Arkansas on Texags.com
Know Your Enemy
AG
JJxvi said:

I'm seeing Beard to Arkansas on Texags.com

Jeff Goodman reported he was their top target last night and I posted the tweet on the coaching carousel thread.
bobinator
AG
So between that, carl spacklers hat, and JJxvi's post that's three sources. It's practically official is what I'm seeing.
carl spacklers hat
First I heard about it was yesterday afternoon around 2:00. Good friend who's a big Hogs fan so not an official source.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So Beard can go to Arkansas and cheat/beat on his wife and or his sister? Just don't ride a motorcycle?
Bunk Moreland

frenchtoast
I hope they get their butt naked last choice.
halfastros81
AG
I won't miss watching 2-3 games per yr of Musselman whining about the refs. I actually thought he would be a good choice for us but after watching his antics I'm glad we didn't go that route . He did outcoach Buzz in both matchups this year .

Arky is a good job. Nice place to live albeit maybe a little difficult to get top recruits . It's definitely a higher pressure gig than A & M because previous successes raised expectations to what's maybe unrealistic levels.

I hope Buzz stays right where he's at. There's a positive breakthrough coming imo and I personally like his style and how he runs the program. Good fit imo.

B-1 83
AG
MarcAg said:

Do we have a mil laying around?

"Student athletes" bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BLSmith04
AG
Calipari in
TAMUallen
AG
Method Man said:

Didn't prove he was close to worth it.
Lake08
carl spacklers hat said:

I'm hearing Beard, too. Will Wade to Ole Miss.

U heard wrong
Lake08
TAMUallen said:

Method Man said:

Didn't prove he was close to worth it.

I've always laughed when people pushed backed at the amount of money (35+) we paid out for our pot smoking 2022 class….
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.