Worst Final Four Ever?

2,217 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by The Collective
BJM1781
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last year's was pretty bad, but this one was an absolute snore for all 3 games.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Yup. It sucked. Especially for me. I missed out on $680.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Method Man
The best one in recent history was prob the Tech vs UVA one.
Kellso
The Final Four would have been better with some Texas representation. Without the Texas schools the Final Four was a snore fest.

Viva La UCONN!
UConn won the National Title 20 years ago. They also won the National Title 10 years ago.

Viva La UCONN!
Muy
AG
Nothing inspiring this season
Ervin Burrell
AG
BJM1781 said:

Didn't last year's have a buzzer beater?
Carlo4
AG
I won $800+ in a massive pool thanks to Houston not making it past Duke and getting UCONN/Purdue right. I very much enjoyed this year!
GrayMatter
AG
From a basketball standpoint, it wasn't very exciting at all.

Who'd knew that Alabama would give UConn it's best game of the tournament?
cajunaggie08
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

BJM1781 said:

Didn't last year's have a buzzer beater?
Yup. San Diego State hit the 3 at the buzzer in the semifinal over FAU. But both games involving UConn were beat downs
20ag07
Quote:

Neither national semifinal averaged as large an audience as Iowa-UConn in the Women's Final Four the previous night, marking the first time ever that any game of the Women's Final Four has averaged more viewers than either of the men's games. Iowa's win averaged a 7.1 and 14.42 million across ESPN (6.9, 13.91M) and ESPN2 (0.27, 505K).
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/04/mens-final-four-ratings-viewership-mixed-both-games-trail-iowa-uconn-women/

That's wild.
PascalsWager
AG
Stripped of the spectacle and the gambling, college basketball is not a good product. The game on the court looks closer to what you see at a recreational adult league than the NBA.
20ag07
Quote:

Stripped of the spectacle and the gambling, college basketball is not a good product. The game on the court looks closer to what you see at a recreational adult league than the NBA.
And yet, more people watched the Final 4 for both the women and the men, than they did the NBA finals the past several years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Finals_television_ratings
EliteZags
AG
NBA games are garbage, lowest class trashy crowds ever and you have ridiculous sound effects and music blasting on the speakers during live game action, why the F do I need to hear the damn Mexican Hat Dance as the pg is bringing the ball up the floor, oh I guess it's cuz the actual game isn't interesting to just watch at all, it's a complete joke
Kellso
EliteZags said:

NBA games are garbage, lowest class trashy crowds ever and you have ridiculous sound effects and music blasting on the speakers during live game action, why the F do I need to hear the damn Mexican Hat Dance as the pg is bringing the ball up the floor, oh I guess it's cuz the actual game isn't interesting to just watch at all, it's a complete joke
You should try Jazz games in Salt Lake City.
The demographics there would be similar to a game in Spokane or Idaho.
Sterling82
I thought the UConn Alabama game was a great game until late. One of the best I've seen in a long time.
jeremy
AG
PascalsWager said:

Thank God. NBA is absolutely brutal to watch and looks nothing like the basketball I want to see. I know I'm in the minority though.

Dribble down the court, jack up a shot, rinse, repeat. Whoever makes the most wins. Snoozer!
NyAggie
AG
jeremy said:

PascalsWager said:

Thank God. NBA is absolutely brutal to watch and looks nothing like the basketball I want to see. I know I'm in the minority though.

Dribble down the court, jack up a shot, rinse, repeat. Whoever makes the most wins. Snoozer!

I concur on the nba

I haven't watched an nba game in about 25 years
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
UConn vs Purdue was an excellent game the first half. Like a heavyweight fight between two evenly matches opponents.

Then the better TEAM won as the best player in men's college basketball just wore out.
Sterling82
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

UConn vs Purdue was an excellent game the first half. Like a heavyweight fight between two evenly matches opponents.

Then the better TEAM won as the best player in men's college basketball just wore out.

That's really the bottom line. UConn is simply special. And I expect that to continue.
The Collective
AG
Maybe not a great game but watching UCONN is fun for me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.