Marble Arrested.

17,359 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Faustus
OlWhatsHisNuts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sexual assault !? SMH

https://bustednewspaper.com/texas/marble-julius-darnell-jr/20240418/?
Know Your Enemy
AG
And there we have it.
BaytownAg13
AG
Wow... it's all come down to this.
HossAg
AG
That's the rumor I heard from someone who knows him before the season started. Surprised it took this long.
ryange05
AG
Looks like he wasnt arrested until recently. So why sit out the entire season!?!?! TTHS and Illinois let their star players play the day after the arrests.
Gap
AG
Man were we led astray here. I thought it was going to have something to do with academic dishonesty and A&M's Title IX Office was being obtuse.

And we are currently recruiting Pop Isaacs? That is beyond tone deaf.
Know Your Enemy
AG
If they're arresting him after all this time they have plenty of evidence.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Who led you astray?
greg.w.h
AG
I suspect the kangaroo court had to do a criminal referral because it was just a kangaroo court.
bobinator
AG
Gap said:

Man were we led astray here. I thought it was going to have something to do with academic dishonesty and A&M's Title IX Office was being obtuse.
It was pretty obvious it wasn't anything to do with academics.
MarcAg
AG
Gap said:

I repeatedly said it wasn't academics when people were like he cheated on a test or he plagiarized a paper. Pretty sure I was not alone

It is weird why there was no arrest for 6 months. Maybe that is common process in these matters.
Tobias Funke
AG
Not sure how anybody has been led astray by complete silence and secrecy. Unless you're referring to texags speculations?

Anyway, this is a real bummer.
CDub06
AG
This was the prevalent rumor. But that $50k bond...wow.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, and several of us pointed out back in November that if it was a Title IX issue, it had to be pretty serious for them to not let him play. Usually the default is they can still compete while the process is going on, but if its serious enough the dean of student life can override that.

People just wanted to convince themselves it wasn't serious.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, and several of us pointed out back in November that if it was a Title IX issue, it had to be pretty serious for them to not let him play. Usually the default is they can still compete while the process is going on, but if its serious enough the dean of student life can override that.

Maybe because Mr. Insider mikeysyracuse1 said it would be resolved shortly before the season started.

Edited for the correct user.
The Collective
AG
Hope justice prevails for whatever the truth is in this scenario.
bobinator
AG
In a way it might have been, we just weren't told about it, lol
Mikeyshooter
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

bobinator said:

Maybe because Mr. Insider Mikeyshooter said it would be resolved shortly before the season started.
Here is exactly what I said since you are obsessed with me:

Quote:

Eventually Buzz is going to have to come out and say that we don't expect him back. My guess is that will happen before SEC play.

bobinator
AG
I think he was actually talking about mikesyracuse1 in this case.
BigOil
AG
so no "banana court" after all.
Faustus
The poster who said he ran into him multiple times in a month was playing with fire.

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3450736/2
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Know Your Enemy said:

bobinator said:

Maybe because Mr. Insider Mikeyshooter said it would be resolved shortly before the season started.
Here is exactly what I said since you are obsessed with me:

Quote:

Eventually Buzz is going to have to come out and say that we don't expect him back. My guess is that will happen before SEC play.

My bad, bob is right. I had you confused with mikeysyracuse. I apologize.
Know Your Enemy
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Let it play out, It shouldn't be long.

Mikesyracuse1

For the record, this is the post I was referring to made on 10/27. When I questioned whether he had legitimate info or if he was just doing the usual internet thing of talking out of his ass I got dogpiled for questioning him.

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3413924/replies/66034284#66034284
PJYoung
AG
'Let it play out, it shouldn't be long' isn't exactly saying much.
PJYoung
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
"Let it play out" insinuates that it's not a serious issue IMO. Clearly the "it shouldn't be long" was completely wrong.
PJYoung
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

"Let it play out" insinuates that it's not a serious issue IMO. Clearly the "it shouldn't be long" was completely wrong.
Look, in his defense he can't talk about a criminal matter before a guy is charged and it USUALLY doesn't take 6 freaking months for somebody to get charged. Everything else is you reading into it and choosing to what, get miffed(?) that an insider turned out to be wrong? I don't know.

If I was told what happened at the time I would expect Marble to get cleared or charged certainly within a month. But that was before we all knew that the CSPD or I guess A&M cops were gonna spend weeks doing an in depth investigation to prove that Radford ran two stop signs.
folkband
Gap said:

Who exactly led you astray?

And where have you gotten any real evidence that we are recruiting Pop Issacs? The same place that said Andersson and Wade were in the portal?
The Marksman
AG
Terrible situation all around, hope justice prevails
Schrute Farms
Foremost, may justice served.

Secondly, Buzz should be commended for getting this surprise in October and adapting. He never let it become a talking point and respectfully pushed forward.
The Marksman
AG
folkband said:

Gap said:

Who exactly led you astray?

And where have you gotten any real evidence that we are recruiting Pop Issacs? The same place that said Andersson and Wade were in the portal?
We are definitely recruiting Isaacs. ESPN and many other sources have confirmed our interest in him. His case differs from Marble's in that he is only being sued and has not been arrested, I believe.
Texas A&M
Sounds like Buzz and the University did the right thing.
DTP02
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Let it play out, It shouldn't be long.

Mikesyracuse1

For the record, this is the post I was referring to made on 10/27. When I questioned whether he had legitimate info or if he was just doing the usual internet thing of talking out of his ass I got dogpiled for questioning him.

https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3413924/replies/66034284#66034284

In that guy's defense, Marble's rep told some people within a few weeks of that post that he was hopeful of expediting a resolution in the near future. There are a lot of moving parts and things change.
carl spacklers hat
Unfortunately, this news confirms what I stated in another thread regarding Marble.

My opinion on how this unfolded is that Marble and the complainant went through the Title IX process as outlined in the Title IX policy. Depending on the report from the complainant, this could have either gone through an informal resolution process first or it could have gone directly to a formal resolution. Once the formal resolution process started, the university instigated their investigation. That process would take time as it involves interviewing both parties and anyone who might be a witness to the night's events. Upon completion of the investigation, a formal hearing was conducted where evidence was presented and a university-appointed panel determined the legitimacy of the complaint and the severity of the accusation.

Since Marble was arrested, the assumption is that the investigation uncovered enough evidence to warrant a report to law enforcement. Once law enforcement became involved, it moved to a potential criminal investigation. That criminal investigation resulted in Marble's arrest. Why was none of this public knowledge? Because any Title IX case is handled with confidentiality. Many of these cases are resolved and do not warrant involvement of law enforcement but there are instances when the allegation is serious enough and the investigation uncovers sufficient evidence that the university reports it to law enforcement.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Double Diamond
Well that sucks.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.