new commitment?

1,872 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by bobinator
gstu11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NEWS: Nebraska transfer CJ Wilcher has committed to Texas A&M, a source tells @LeagueRDY.

Wilcher began his career playing one season at Xavier before spending the last three seasons at Nebraska.

He averaged 7.7PPG last season. Shot 39.4% from 3.
Ag Eng 92
AG
He can be a great shooter- niece piece off the bench. Will do what we wanted Hefner to do. I've watched him take over some games (like when Tominaga was off).
Know Your Enemy
AG
Love that three point %!
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
He played 12 min against us in the tournament as the 7th player for Nebraska in terms of total time played - scoring only 2 points.

I hope we can use him as described to shoot three-pointers and perhaps handle the ball if he has ability to do that. I like his free-throw shooting percentage.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Only one 3-point attempt. Look at his career numbers from deep and this is an exciting addition.
Gap
AG
3rd guard type. Nothing wrong with that.

This will be his 3rd school. Xavier, Nebraska, Texas A&M.

Started at Nebraska 2 years ago. Lost his starting job at Nebraska last year. Still played about 20 minutes a game last year.

Scored in double figures in 13 of their first 22 games. But not again in their last 11 games. Scored 2 points against us in the NCAA tourney game.
Know Your Enemy
AG
His minutes were way down last season for some reason. FT% was incredible last season but bad the previous two. And for the 2022-23 season his three point % took a big dip. I wonder what the full story is.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
He will probably end up like Aaron Cash - who was a three-point shooter who came here and hardly ever shot from beyond the arc for some reason.
JJxvi
AG
Big guard that needs a lot of work on the defensive end. Can be a role player on a good team.
JJxvi
AG
Nebraska looked like they didn't even try to play defense against us and, like, all of them have better defensive efficiency numbers than Wilcher which is concerning. Have to hope thats all team and role influenced, or he will need to improve to play a lot.
txag72
AG
Quote:

His minutes were way down last season for some reason.
Probably because they knew he would be leaving after PT was reduced.

People say we need to replace Boots. I'd say we have 2 players already who can fill that role. Do we really need 3? The 3 pointer is numero uno in need along with a Marble replacement. I still think it's amazing about what we did with all the bad breaks from October through January.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Nebraska boards seem to really like him. Sounds like he went through some adversity there but stuck it out and didn't complain. They didn't like his defense though.
bobinator
AG
Their whole team sucked so bad on defense that's it's hard to break down the individual parts.
ds00
He's tall, but doesn't look like a plus athlete from what I've seen. Will our staff give him minutes if he can't defend multiple positions?
bobinator
AG
We've had guys get minutes that can barely defend any positions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.