Chris McDermott, 2024 Basketball recruit

2,031 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Aston04
AggiePops
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to the Houston Chronicle and Aggies Wire, the BB team added a third high school recruit to the 2024 class, but unless I've totally missed it, which is certainly possible, there has been no coverage on Aggie fan sites, including TexAgs, about him. McDermott appears to be a good pick up, so why no coverage?
aggiez03
AG
He is a walkon. He was highly rated at some point, but it appears he must have dropped off.

He chose to walk on to A&M vs scholarship at some lower schools.

Could grow into a player, who knows?
Schrute Farms
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3457702
AggiePops
Thanks for clarifying!
NativeAg3
AG
Seems to me that his position is already of abundance on the team for next year, so a redshirt year will give him time to grow a bit and fill one of the spots left by all the seniors leaving next year. He's a very good player, dominated the Peach Jam, which is a very elite tournament that is filled with McDonald's All-Americans.
Aston04
AG
Watched his tape. Appears to play around the rim, but undersized for that game. Which reminds me that Garcia is too, but of course Garcia is a freak and can knock down open 3s.

Good roster piece - no downside cost and has a chance to contribute..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.