Vaccine side effects?

10,104 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which vaccine has the least side effects? Looks like I finally have to get it for work and thinking about the J&J
new straw
I'm Moderna vaxed x 3. Number 2 sucked, booster wasn't so bad. Never had a covid + test. Have worked with positive patients since April 2020.
new straw
J&j may be for you. If it's simply to keep your job,, seems like a good way to go.
B-1 83
AG
It depends…….

I hardly even knew I had the Phizer booster. My arm was a little sore and that was it.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
fightingfarmer09
Definitely J&J, but I still had bad side effects. It was worse than Covid I had this fall.

However it was a short duration of 12 hours that started 8 hours after the shot.
Charpie
AG
new straw said:

I'm Moderna vaxed x 3. Number 2 sucked, booster wasn't so bad. Never had a covid + test. Have worked with positive patients since April 2020.

Hi sweet girl!
PerpetualLurker
Here are the data from the clinical trials on the side effects. Also, vaccines.gov will let you find a place that has the specific vaccine you want.

Read up, talk to a doctor you know and trust. Get vaccinated and move on with your life. Over 10 billion doses have been administered. I've gotten 3 doses of Pfizer myself.

Johnson and Johnson: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/janssen/reactogenicity.html

Pfizer: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/reactogenicity.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fcovid-19%2Finfo-by-manufacturer%2Fpfizer%2Freactogenicity.html

Moderna: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/moderna/reactogenicity.html
Sapper Redux
Anecdotal, but Pfizer seems milder than Moderna. I can't speak for J&J because I don't know anyone who's gotten J&J. I got Moderna and the side effects were unpleasant for me, but my immune system likes to go into overdrive. So it was a fever and shakes for a day afterwards. Once it clears up, it's like nothing has ever happened, but I won't pretend it's fun in the moment. Still milder than my bout of Covid.
woodlees
AG
J and J vaccine has fallen to secondary vaccine recommendation due to a higher incidence of vascular complications

Pfizer and Moderna are preferred, and both are now fully FDA approved

There is no significant difference in side effects between the two mRNA vaccines

Hope this helps
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JamesE4
AG
My understanding, which I have seen many times including the Pfizer website, is that no Pfizer FDA fully approved (not just EUA) is available in the U,S,
tamc91
AG
Woodlees - my daughter got J&J last year since that was the only one available at her university clinic at the time. Would a one-shot booster of either of the mRNA vaccines be effective in that situation? She's 21 and healthy, but I'd rather her not have the higher risk of vascular issues.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Science experiment is only 1 year in. Hold on long term effects.
Petrino1
Disclaimer: Ive had Covid long haul symptoms for 20 months, and vaccine long haul symptoms for 10 months. I started developing daily dizzy/vertigo symptoms a few weeks after my 2nd pfizer shot, this is still going on 10 months later. I never had these symptoms at all before the vaccine.

I read a lot of the reddit/fb long haul stories and it seems as if most long haulers had a negative reaction to the pfizer shot for whatever reason. Some have even claimed that they never had long haul symptoms until they got the pfizer shot.

My non-doctor advice is to go with the one and done, J&J.
Sapper Redux
redsquirrelAG said:

Funny how the goalposts keep moving…
ChrisTAMU
AG
Sapper Redux said:

redsquirrelAG said:

They sure do. First it was you won't get sick if you're vaccinated. First it was masks don't work. Then they did. Now they don't. First it was safe and effective, now it's warnings on vaccines in Japan and Israel's numbers skyrocketing.
94chem
redsquirrelAG said:

Science experiment is only 1 year in.

As if you've ever done one.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
tmaggies
AG
ChrisTAMU said:

Sapper Redux said:

redsquirrelAG said:

They sure do. First it was you won't get sick if you're vaccinated. First it was masks don't work. Then they did. Now they don't. First it was safe and effective, now it's warnings on vaccines in Japan and Israel's numbers skyrocketing.

Bingo!
c-jags
fightingfarmer09 said:

Definitely J&J, but I still had bad side effects. It was worse than Covid I had this fall.

However it was a short duration of 12 hours that started 8 hours after the shot.

This was my experience mostly. 10 hours after and lasted about 10 hours. Felt like I got hit with a flu gun all of the sudden and was the worst set of chills body aches I ever experienced.

All good after that.
KidDoc
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

Yes because so many vaccines have long term side effects.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChrisTAMU
AG
How many typically administered vaccines in American children use MRNA technology?
Leggo My Elko
AG
I've had 3 Pfizer's

1st - Nothing
2nd - Vague itchiness and the slightest of body soreness for about 6 hours the day after the shot. Almost nothing.
3rd - Soreness & red bump on my arm at the ignition site. Lasted 24 hours.

Quinn
AG
JamesE4 said:

My understanding, which I have seen many times including the Pfizer website, is that no Pfizer FDA fully approved (not just EUA) is available in the U,S,
Can one of the docs comment on this? I've started seeing this comment and I'm not sure what they mean. Is it bc of the name change?
KidDoc
AG
Quinn said:

JamesE4 said:

Can one of the docs comment on this? I've started seeing this comment and I'm not sure what they mean. Is it bc of the name change?
I have no idea what they mean, it is FDA approved.

FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine | FDA

Quinn
AG
KidDoc said:

Quinn said:

JamesE4 said:

I have no idea what they mean, it is FDA approved.

FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine | FDA

Thanks. I read that when one of my friends first mentioned that theory, but honestly it was so bizarre to me that it was hard to understand what they meant in order to refute it. I showed them this line from the Press Release " Comirnaty has the same formulation as the EUA vaccine and is administered as a series of two doses, three weeks apart."

Didn't seem to make an impact, though.
RoyVal
AG
summer 2020 I had covid. I was pretty bad for 12-13 LONG days with body aches, cough, shortness of breath, but very little fever.

March 2021 J&J (even though I still had antibodies, work requirement) pretty crappy with fever, aches for 3 days.

January 2022 Moderna booster (still tested positive for antibodies before the booster). nothing. not even a sore arm. easiest one so far. Decided to go to vegas 2 weeks later ha!
ChrisTAMU
AG
ChrisTAMU said:

How many typically administered vaccines in American children use MRNA technology?

Any comment here?
Sapper Redux
ChrisTAMU said:

ChrisTAMU said:

Any comment here?

They've been studied for years and years at this point and over a year into the vaccination program, you can't point to anything save scare-mongering about some great unknown. The prior holdup in the use of the technology had to do with production costs and perceived limits to their profitability rather than the strength of the science behind the concept.

Meanwhile, mRNA technology is now being looked at for vaccines for things like Lyme Disease and virtually every other significant vector.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
KidDoc said:

redsquirrelAG said:

Luckily I think it's just mostly short term effects based on how many euro soccer players have collapsed and died this year compared to last and how many people I know who have family or friends who have had weird but severe complications shortly after shot (only a few, but that's enough for me). I think as long as soccer players quit getting shots, eventually instances of heart inflammation and sudden death or complications should go down. So yeah, I agree, I think it's just short term effects. But we'll know for sure in a few years I guess.

Sounds like stressing your heart at a high level with myocarditis is no bueno.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Sapper Redux
The idea that soccer players are dying at a higher rate or because of vaccines is a lie.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2T81NY

And the idea that there were no heart problems before the vaccines is also a lie.

https://amp.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds
WES2006AG
AG
American sports leagues are heavily vaccinated. Why do you think they have been spared all of these sudden deaths?
RoyVal
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

redsquirrelAG said:

Luckily I think it's just mostly short term effects based on how many euro soccer players have collapsed and died this year compared to last and how many people I know who have family or friends who have had weird but severe complications shortly after shot (only a few, but that's enough for me). I think as long as soccer players quit getting shots, eventually instances of heart inflammation and sudden death or complications should go down. So yeah, I agree, I think it's just short term effects. But we'll know for sure in a few years I guess.

this is the kinda bull crap right here that needs to stop.
KidDoc
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

KidDoc said:

redsquirrelAG said:

I agree 100%. Vaccinating low risk young people is silly and risky. I don't advise my teen patients with no risk factors to get vaccinated.

DadHammer
AG
WES2006AG said:

American sports leagues are heavily vaccinated. Why do you think they have been spared all of these sudden deaths?

Not sure your serious.

The young and in shape are not at risk with Covid. No way I get vaccinated if I was young and in shape.
WES2006AG
AG
DadHammer said:

WES2006AG said:

Not sure your serious.

The young and in shape are not at risk with Covid. No way I get vaccinated if I was young and in shape.
I was responding to someone who thinks European soccer players are dropping like flies after getting vaccinated even though that has proven to be more conspiracy BS. Just seeing if he has another BS theory about why the same isn't happening to our heavily vaccinated sports leagues.

Detmersdislocatedshoulder
You will never ever ever get the truth on this topic. But good luck.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.