Or staging a coup in a sovereign country. The 1999 78 day war on Serbia, Jeffrey Sachs discussed with Tucker also.

Today's sitrep.

Quote:

I'll start with what is the most interesting news to me: Ukraine's defense minister Umerov has stated in a new Reuters interview that Russia plans to insert an additional massive 200-300k troops into Ukraine.

[url=https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F27e91b28-af2b-4d9f-b6f3-1384ed4f1444_1180x111.png][/url]
This is obviously huge, if true. The 500k figure is roughly what we already know as Russia's contingent currently involved in the SMO, but the addition of another 200-300kthe equivalent of multiple field armiesis a far greater force than most imagined Russia would utilize in the next wave.

Umerov doesn't specify if this is to be the land force used in the new northern campaign, but if that's the case, then one can't help but imagine Russia seeks to put an end to the war once and for all.

Recall that we've heard figures like 20-30k being used for Russia's northern Kharkov contingent, counting reserves which have not been used yet, but some reports claimed this figure can quickly swell to 50-80k.
Now, before the usual folks whine/gnash teeth about how impossible it is that Russia has such forces in reserve now, after being 'decimated' by Ukraine for the past 2.5 years, note that this is Reuters talking to Ukraine's defense minister citing the figures.
Quote:

But where is this new potential 200-300k being taken from? Those who've been reading here for a while know I've tracked Shoigu's newly raised army of nearly 500k men throughout 2023, and we've often discussed whether they would be utilized in real combat operations or kept as a reserve deterrent force against NATO. I leaned in the direction of it being a reserve force, but I think both are right in that Russia has continued recruiting men throughout 2024 as well, which means by now they likely have even far more than that original 500k. Thus, taking even 200-300k of them for combat operations can leave hundreds of thousands in reserve, which will still accumulate toward the 500k mark again by this year.

It's hard to know how much of it is exaggeration, but Ukrainian reports have recently claimed that Russian forces outnumber them 8:1 or even 10:1 in some areas of the eastern front. Ukraine is not keeping up with Russian recruitment whatsoever, as numbers for the new 'mobilization' continue to look dire.
Much more at the link, as always. RWAPodcast has a 2.5 hour documentary about how the Russians in Crimea/Donetsk broke away after the Nuland coup. I'm declining to link it here but it is very comprehensive.

Multiple Explosions heard 5 hours or so ago near Starokostiantyniv Air Base in the Khmelnytskyi Region of Western Ukraine. This same Air Base, which is Home to the 7th Tactical Aviation Brigade of the Ukrainian Air Force. WSJ picks up on the Sino-Russian-Indian alliance benefiting from the sanctions idiocy.

But forever war, RFK Jr!