Graduation story

1,930 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by The Marksman
valvemonkey91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday my youngest son graduated at the 9am session

He was told that his honors stole would be in his chair or given to him upon arrival. He didn't get it when he arrived and it wasn't on his chair when he got to his seat. his friend and classmate (who had received her stole upon arrival) asked him where his was. He told her he was told the above.

He is asking around and then the ceremony starts. During ceremony, he looks at transcripts and has a D in thr class but an A on canvas. This error (he had confirmed the A the day prior with TA) dropped his GPA below 3.5, thus no stole. The professor had entered the wrong grade and completely screwed up his entire graduation day. I am so pissed off about the careless nature of this and find it very hard to believe in this day and age, "mistakes" like this can happen. I understand grades weren't due until 2pm yesterday and fail to see how graduation can take place until grades are finalized. The day was ruined will never get it back. No pictures, no happiness, Just a complete failure by Texas A&M and a horrible memory and embarrassment for my son
HillCountry15
&ct=g
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sorry to hear a professor screwed up, but hopefully you didn't truly let it ruin the day. Could have taken pics with a friend's stole, right?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
So you decided to post your rage twice in diff boards?

I understand the frustration from this. I would have been pissed too, but the response is almost as bad, if not worse.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

No pictures, no happiness
Seriously? You couldn't borrow one for a few pictures?

You completely failed in this situation by not adapting.
The Marksman
AG
OP still hungry for more after the reaction on the other board? Get a grip and grow up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.