Outdoors
Sponsored by

Any Charlie Crockett Fans?

4,652 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by TX_COWDOC
TX_COWDOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ran across this guy on Spotify a few weeks back. I kinda dig his sound.

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Some of his stuff is really good. Some of his stuff is really meh. Overall, more good than meh.
Howdy Dammit
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Some of his stuff is really good. Some of his stuff is really meh. Overall, more good than meh.

This
Canyon99
Big fan here. Has a good variety of music. Going to see him in a few weeks and can't wait.
water turkey
Yes, he is good. Puts on a good live show too.
agfan2013
AG
Went to one of his shows in B/CS back in 2019. Decent music IMO, and as said above he puts on a good show. Cool dude, after the show he hung out in the crowd for awhile and one of my buddies got a pic with him and the band.
Aggieangler93
AG
I believe he is a descendant of Davy from the Alamo. I could be wrong, but that is what I have heard. I agree some of his stuff is good!
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Charlie is good.

Colter Wall is even better.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I like the two songs posted. Will have to investigate further.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Ya, I like his stuff.
Fun Fact: we went to the same high school. He was a year older then me.
(As did Vanilla Ice. Haha!! )
New Boot Goofin
AG
Yes sir!
bam02
AG
Big fan! Agree that some stuff is hit or miss but that's the beauty of his music. Lots of variety. And he's a great entertainer and seems like a true down to earth good dude. Very genuine even in his eccentric style.
will.mcg
AG
Definitely. Excited to see him in a few weeks in Corpus.
Schall 02
AG
RL Turner?
Marooned1994
Big Charlie fan! Love his stuff.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
Went to Red Rocks back in '18 to see Turnpike (before Miranda pushed Evan over the edge). Charlie opened the show. Been a fan ever since.
O.G.
Crazy timing. I was just in a conversation with a dude from Illinois that told me about coming to Texas and seeing this guy in a concert in Hamilton recently. I'd never heard of him before.
Dirk Diggler
AG
He is playing in Salado this weekend .
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Illustrious Potentate said:

Went to Red Rocks back in '18 to see Turnpike (before Miranda pushed Evan over the edge). Charlie opened the show. Been a fan ever since.

Crazy. I was there too, forgot he opened.

First concert for our son who arrived 2 months later.
c-jags
liked that a decent bit. i'll throw him in the spotify rotation. i may hit that Salado concert as i'm in Temple.

i used to like country growing up a lot and as much as loved Garth at the time, he brought in way too much of the pop that made me stop listening in the early 2000s when i was at school.

discovering Colter Wall, Zach Bryan and a few more of the songwriter types has really turned me back on to it.

Zach Bryan
Tyler Childers
Colter Wall
Shane Smith and the Saints
Uncle Lucious
Ryan Bingham
Pecos and the Rooftops
CactusThomas
AG
will.mcg said:

Definitely. Excited to see him in a few weeks in Corpus.

Where at?
will.mcg
AG
Brewster Street Downtown
Aggie Pharmer
AG
c-jags said:

liked that a decent bit. i'll throw him in the spotify rotation. i may hit that Salado concert as i'm in Temple.

i used to like country growing up a lot and as much as loved Garth at the time, he brought in way too much of the pop that made me stop listening in the early 2000s when i was at school.

discovering Colter Wall, Zach Bryan and a few more of the songwriter types has really turned me back on to it.

Zach Bryan
Tyler Childers
Colter Wall
Uncle Lucious
Ryan Bingham
Pecos and the Rooftops

You may also give William Beckmann and Joshua Ray Walker a listen.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

c-jags said:

Zach Bryan
Tyler Childers
Colter Wall
Uncle Lucious
Ryan Bingham
Pecos and the Rooftops

You may also give William Beckmann and Joshua Ray Walker a listen.

William Beckmann grew up next door to me. Good kid, with an awesome voice. Comes from a great family. His mentor is Radney Foster, another Del Rio guy.
CactusThomas
AG
Thanks. Do you think tickets will be available at the door? Or do they need to be bought online?
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Schall 02 said:

RL Turner?

Oh ya! Lion Pride!
rednecked
AG
took my girlfriend to see Alabama a few years ago at Smart Financial Center. He opened for them and I kid you not, he must have come directly from the dentist. I had never heard of him before this. Couldn't understand a word he sang and he was acting really goofy the whole time. We were literally laughing because we didn't know what was going on.

that being said I have heard him on Sirius XM a few times and yes he does have some good stuff.
bam02
AG
He adds a strange lisp frequently. Also has a heavy accent sometimes in his singing. Almost creole sounding.
OG Ag
AG
Love Charley Crockett. We were big fans already then saw him in Luckenbach in April. Even bigger fans now. Eclectic, diverse performer with a wide range of music type. Seeing him again in Corpus next week.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Looks like he's hit the big time
ghollow
AG
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
AustinCountyAg
I dont get the Charlie Crockett hype. Yes, it's kinda cool because it is a throwback sound, but one song is about all I can handle. All his songs sound the same imo. meh
bam02
AG
I've been wanting to see him for years but it's just never worked out for any of his local shows due to travel or some other conflict. Not to mention his health hiatus.
bam02
AG
I don't completely disagree. I think he appeals to many due to his retro cowboy image and sound. Plus he has an interesting background and story. Like I said I still have not seen him live but seeing his shows on tv or online he seems to be a great showman, too.
512Ag
AG
I like his studio stuff, but I tend to only listen to a couple songs before moving on. His live shows are legit, though. I've seen him a few times, and every show has been a ton of fun.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.