Outdoors
Sponsored by

Boykin Spaniels

2,304 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by SGrem
BWilliford
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to find a boykin spaniel breeder, does anyone have any recommendations on breeders here in texas?
Bryant Williford '17

(713) 295 - 0250
SGrem
I will be breeding mine in a year or so. She is a fantastic duck/dove/quail...even goose reteiever. Fantastic pet. And the easiest to train dog I have ever had.
Www.gowithgrem.com
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
BWilliford said:

Looking to find a boykin spaniel breeder, does anyone have any recommendations on breeders here in texas?

Texas Trace. It's wheee I got my first Boykin and where I'll get my next.
BoykinAg2017
AG
Good luck in finding one! Truly they're fantastic dogs to own/train/hunt with.
TRIDENT
AG
SGrem said:

I will be breeding mine in a year or so. She is a fantastic duck/dove/quail...even goose reteiever. Fantastic pet. And the easiest to train dog I have ever had.

My advice: Get in line for one of SGrem's pups.
houstonLBD
AG
I bred my HRCH male with 3 Master Retriever passes to an HR female with 1 Finished pass. As of Monday there was still 1 male available. Here's the link to the pedigree and contact info. Litter is about 4 weeks old currently. https://huntingboykinpedigree.com/puppy.asp?id=1458
BWilliford
AG
I do appreciate it, not ready to buy yet, been doing my research. we are getting ready to move from an apartment to a house, so I don't want to get a dog until we have the house. I spend a lot of time out hunting and fishing so I will be putting one to work on dove, quail and maybe pheasants.
Bryant Williford '17

(713) 295 - 0250
gigemJTH12
AG
whats the shedding like?
carterkuotx
AG
Are you still planning on breeding your boykin? If so, please shoot me a text at 512-217-7888.
SGrem
I hope to yes. One of her next two cycles. Gonna talk to the vet in a month.
Deerdude
They shed some but not terrible and mine has the thick curly swamp poodle exterior. Slick hairs even less shedding.

You said Texas but my next will be from Nancy Boykin. Excellent kennel.
pattymelt
AG
Did this ever come about? Curious about adding a Boykin to our family.

Thanks
B-1 83
AG
Neighbor has one I call "Lucy the Wonder Dog". My Aussie was the smartest dog I've ever had, and this Boykin makes her look like a…………dog. His is world ranked in what ever "launch something off the end of a peer and retrieve it" competition they do.

Edit: He said he got her from "Texas Trace" in Hempstead
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Deerdude
My son got his male from Texas Trace and he's a great hunter but has more illnesses I've never heard of, causing chronic ear problems and skin disorders.
SGrem
Matty will go to the vet in two months to do all the genetic testing to rule out displacia etc. No concerns just being smart about breeding... If all good then I will be looking for an intact male. She should come into heat again in September. She will have just turned eight I believe and this would be her first and only litter. She will be an excellent mother for those pups being more mature. Also have an excellent eight yr old springer (fixed) so those two will teach the pups some manners. I will be taking some deposits on the pups and possibly for started pups if the owner wants started training to a yr old.

Matty has been by far the easiest dog to trail I have ever owned. Also the best family pet I have ever had.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.