Outdoors
Sponsored by

Asphalt

1,032 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by fullback44
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming to the all-knowing outdoors board for recommendations. Need to pour an asphalt driveway in the wellborn area. Who does the OB recommend? We are struggling to find someone. TIA.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
My limited asphalt experience has been with Brazos Paving. I've only done commercial work with them, but I believe they also do residential.
Illustrious Potentate
AG
My only advice, avoid anyone with an Irish accent.
Independence H-D
I told my brother-in-law / contractor that this would be referenced in the first few answers. Thanks for not letting me down.
Cen-Tex
AG
Call your county commissioner for help w/local contractors
Bridge
Don't know if they'll go that far but Teague's Asphalt is a good one to use.
fullback44
AG
Independence H-D said:

I told my brother-in-law / contractor that this would be referenced in the first few answers. Thanks for not letting me down.
Who ever you use make sure you understand what you're paying for … if he tells you 2" of black top make sure you get 2"… not 1 to 1 1/2… that's the old trick .. also make sure your base is good, if you have too lay down some crushed limestone ( 1/2" to dust ) from New Braunfels and have it rolled .., black top is only as good as the base below it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.