Austin
Sponsored by

New restaurant and

2,896 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by cityagboy
HECUBUS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://menu.atx.quincesma.com/menu/6-food/

New restaurant in the hood. Best one in a long while. Location is where Able's on the Lake used to be next to Hula Hut. Kevin at the bar is a genius. The food rocks also.
Matsui
AG
They have one in Fort Worth and it's awesome.
Dr T and the Women
AG
the original is in San Miguel, Mexico and has one of the best rooftops in the world

the one in Austin is solid
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HECUBUS
AG
Went there again tonight and it was garbage. Reservations at 7:30, finally got our table 40 minutes later, appetizers were burned, one entree was inedible , everything else was okay. What a difference from the first visit. Maybe if they survive until 2025, we'll give them another try, What a shame. That location has always been cursed.
Aggie Therapist
AG
That sucks man. I was thinking about trying it.

29 mins south and have two kids.

I would have left if they didn't have my reservation
HECUBUS
AG
We considered leaving but it was a celebration dinner for our son and we had already paid for valet parking. Almost went to Hula Hut. It was so good the first time. The startup team must have left.
Matsui
AG
Super weird. Email them see what they say
BadMoonRisin
AG
Let them be for a little bit. New restaurants often struggle with consistency and service the first few months after opening. Sucks you had a bad experience, but I would give them a few months and try again before writing them off.

We had a 54th Street fast casual open near us and went right after they opened, maybe a week. It sucked. My wife had a hair appointment had an hour to eat. She ordered a salad. My entree and the kids both came out before hers -- a salad. She actually had to leave for her appointment wihout eating and i took the salad home. One of the worst restaurant experiences Ive had.

We waited about 6 months later, everything was humming, the beer selection is good, and the food is pretty good fast casual and the service is on-point.
HECUBUS
AG
Definitely.
fig96
AG
Was gonna give this a try but maybe not after that review.

Only genuinely good food I've had on the lake is Shack 512 but haven't been in a few years.
HECUBUS
AG
Ha. Went to Maudie's on Lake Austin Blvd for the first time in a very long while. We never forgave them for taking their best dish (fried chili rellenos) off the menu. Low cost neighborhood TexMex with good enough ritas is great, still miss those fried rellenos though. The funny part was sitting in a booth at the back where the waiters like to slam the doors constantly. Some first timers, looked like it was a date, sat in a table for two next to that door and were miserable. Overheard them say this place won't last long. Reminded me of us at Quince on our second try. The big difference is price and expectations. At Maudies, you just get another rita.
cityagboy
AG
HECUBUS said:

New restaurant in the hood. Best one in a long while. Location is where Able's on the Lake used to be next to Hula Hut. Kevin at the bar is a genius. The food rocks also.

Thanks for the rec Kevin
cityagboy
AG
cityagboy said:

HECUBUS said:

Thanks for the rec Kevin

Then I saw your second post
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.