Metroplex
Sponsored by

Wife informs me we're going to Fort Worth Food & Wine Festival friday night

1,863 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Naveronski
gabehcoud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anybody done this? can i byob? nevermind just saw all food & drink is covered. this will be an uber night!

https://fwfwf.org/festival/the-main-event/
FTA 2010
AG
Been several times. Get there early and get after it on all things. It will def be a crowd
Naveronski
AG
We'll be there too!

Looking forward to it.
Proposition Joe
If you don't have "early entry", be sure to be there early enough to get in quick. First few years of the event went smoothly, but now many of the events run out of food within the first 20 minutes of general admission.

Instead of requiring the vendors to produce more food, they've just increased revenue by selling more VIP Early Entry.

That being said -- great event(s), we go every year.
Naveronski
AG
Proposition Joe said:

If you don't have "early entry", be sure to be there early enough to get in quick. First few years of the event went smoothly, but now many of the events run out of food within the first 20 minutes of general admission.

Instead of requiring the vendors to produce more food, they've just increased revenue by selling more VIP Early Entry.

That being said -- great event(s), we go every year.
I will be livid if this is the case.

$135/ea should be above the level of "we ran out of food".
J.P. 03
AG
Proposition Joe said:

First few years of the event went smoothly, but now many of the events run out of food within the first 20 minutes of general assembly admission.

20 minutes?!? Even Levy thinks that's ridiculously unacceptable
Proposition Joe
I should say, if you aren't in the line for that vendor within the first 20 minutes, then they will sell out. Typically only the most popular spots, but it's no longer like it was the first few years of the festival where a GA ticket still allowed you to try everything, just with a longer line. I've mentioned it to the organizers, but we tend to get a "the vendors don't want to bring/make excess food and then have to throw it out", to which I've replied "couldn't that be a cost that simply comes with the territory of promoting at an event like this?" and you get a shrug.

So now you see VIP tickets sell out extremely quickly.

Again, don't get me wrong - it's an event we return to year after year (because with both Main Event and Burgers and Brews it's not hard for me to get my money's worth), just can be frustrating when that place you really want to try you are out of luck if you don't make it a high priority.
Naveronski
AG
That's disappointing.

For first timers to the event, any suggestions of who to prioritize or other tips for the event?
gabehcoud
how's parking? or should we stick w uber?
Naveronski
AG
We're ubering due to the open bar, but I'd imagine parking will be a thrilling experience.
Proposition Joe
There's an enormous field parking lot next to the event, should be ample places to park just not sure on cost. Ubering pretty easy, but last few years after the event we've just walked the block to Clearfork shops and had a nightcap before ubering from there. You could also likely get away with just parking in the free Clearfork garage though I think that's probably a 4-5 block walk so would only do that if planning on going back for a drink post-event.
Streetfighter 02
AG
I'll be there as well and everyone's past experiences are my biggest concern. Not too dissimilar to Beastro when I used to attend that one annually.
Naveronski
AG
How was it for y'all?

We had a great time. Didn't see places run out of food until the very end, and even then it wasn't widespread.

We'll be back next year… maybe with VIP so we can get it before it gets crowded.
gabehcoud
We did vip and had a great time. Only complaint is that I'm on antibiotics so I had to limit intake! I'll make up for it next year. Pack some tupperware in the wife's purse
Proposition Joe
Glad you both enjoyed it. We had a great time and heading back out tonight for Burgers and Brews. I've done the math, I know exactly how many burgers and beers I need to consume to come out ahead.
Streetfighter 02
AG
You guys had me worried but I thought it was fine. I barely waited in any line and didn't see anyone run out of food before I was too full to continue eating. Biggest issue was getting 86'ed at the end and the uber wait time being excessive. We walked over to Oak & Eden for one more unnecessary drink.
ENG
AG
Great experience all around. Really no lines to speak of and we did not have VIP access.
Naveronski
AG
Now who is headed to Beastro at the FW zoo?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.