Drove through the top of the panhandle for the first time.

1,197 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Bluecat_Aggie94
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every spring break we make our way to Avon Colorado to ski and we usually take 87 west out of Amarillo and vice versa coming home. With the weather in Denver and south to Colorado Springs we decided to go west of Denver and take 287 all the way south to Amarillo.

There is some pretty country in southeast Colorado all the way to Amarillo. Definitely more rolling hills and even large hills than I expected. Of course the grass lands is pretty cool to see and I couldn't help but imagine what it looked like without any manmade landmarks, just oceans of tall grass.

Anyhow, just wanted to stop by and say that I drove through your country and enjoyed it. Hope all is well and we'll probably make it a habit to do it again.
CanyonAg77
AG
It takes a different mindset to enjoy the Plains. Next time you plan to travel that direction, come back for some hints as to interesting sites along the way.
MooreTrucker
AG
Quote:

Of course the grass lands is pretty cool to see and I couldn't help but imagine what it looked like without any manmade landmarks, just oceans of tall grass.
West on 84 from Clovis to Ft Sumner has a lot of that. No completely, but there is more grassland, less manmade for a looooooong stretch of highway.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Imagine what the Hill Country would look like without *****ly pear and mesquite... just rolling hills and Post Oak groves... that's what it looked like before the cattle drives brought the seeds up from Mexico.
WestTexasAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Quote:

Of course the grass lands is pretty cool to see and I couldn't help but imagine what it looked like without any manmade landmarks, just oceans of tall grass.
West on 84 from Clovis to Ft Sumner has a lot of that. No completely, but there is more grassland, less manmade for a looooooong stretch of highway.
Can confirm. Driven that stretch many times!
eric76
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

It takes a different mindset to enjoy the Plains. Next time you plan to travel that direction, come back for some hints as to interesting sites along the way.
One of my neighbors when I was a kid was a woman who had moved here from California to marry a local farmer.

She once said that she had to learn all over how to look the world because it was so flat and wide open.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Beauty comes in many forms
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.