Kansas City BBQ

1,821 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by rthiele84
RDH80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've read all the online blogs , but looking for anyone who has been to KC and can personally recommend the best BBQ . Headed there for 3 days in late august .
NColoradoAG
Joes, Q39, and LC's have been my favorites. KC BBQ was always just OK to me. Joes and LC's have old school vibes which I like. Q39 is good but I just find eating bbq at a nice sit down restaurant to be weird.

I have heard good things about Harp. They look like they have more of a Texas vibe with their offerings and presentation. Havent been there though.
El Chupacabra
I lived in KC for a bit over a year...my absolute favorite was Brobecks, you won't see it mentioned a whole lot. Also liked Jack Stack, the best location IMO was in Martin CIty.
DaleDoback
Get the wings at Q39
Eggs
AG
I live in KC. A friend and I have gone to 45 (and counting) local BBQ joints over the past several years and rated them based on food, service, atmosphere, price, and uniqueness. Here are our top six:

Danny Edward's
Woodyard
Slap's
Jones BBQ KCK
BB's Lawnside
Arthur Bryant's
rthiele84
Not to get off the subject of BBQ, but if you like escape rooms, check out the Virtual Reality Escape Room they have there. It was a blast. And try to get in a baseball game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.