Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Two Aggie grads set up Bitcoin Mining in Argentina

3,782 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiesundevil4
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
man these guys struck literal gold in life.

hanging out in Argentina getting rich with latinas all around them.

Bitcoin Mining in Argentina
hunter2012
AG
I live in the Permian Basin and the night sky is always lit up from the flares. I'm curious how viable it could be out here and how I could be apart of something like this(obviously on a smaller scale unless if it really takes off). Are there any Bitcoin mines doing this in West Texas?
62strat
AG
These guys started this years ago, and in Texas

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/12/23-year-old-texans-made-4-million-mining-bitcoin-off-flared-natural-gas.html
LMCane
the rest of the country definitely looks down on Texas A&M as a bunch of hicks..

but the training to be successful in life is so much better than 60% of the universities in this country.

to be young and understand how to harness energy to make Bitcoin, to make yourself rich, to then live surrounded by beautiful Argentinian women.

Gold Jerry! Gold!!

Flashdiaz
AG
LMCane said:

the rest of the country definitely looks down on Texas A&M as a bunch of hicks..
no they don't.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3272180/replies/61479363

I won't mention his username, but one of those boys posts on TexAgs.

Furlock Bones
AG
they are. but, there are several issues. very rarely does the flaring at the same spot with regularity. more often flaring in WTX is a whackamole process. pressure up at one well for a few days and flare, then it another well, then another well, etc. then, you have to look at the processing contracts associated with those wells. it's not as easy as it feels like it should be.
The Kraken
AG
Jealous. I've been to Buenos Aires (though it's been nearly 20 years)...can confirm the women are all thin and a high proportion are gorgeous.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
hunter2012
AG
There's a couple around me that I know are pretty consistent. Surely there's more out there that have steady flares.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Who tf started this *****
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Who tf started this *****
Comeby!
AG
Good dudes. We do work with them.
sts7049
AG
hanging out in argentina is all well and good, until you have to live with 200% annual inflation
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
My post should have read "starred" but my phone autocorrected I guess.

If you're a guest, keep opinions like these to yourself or go somewhere else to express them. And I'm not just talking about the "hicks" comment. Top 60%? Are you just trolling?
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Sea Speed
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

My post should have read "starred" but my phone autocorrected I guess.

If you're a guest, keep opinions like these to yourself or go somewhere else to express them. And I'm not just talking about the "hicks" comment. Top 60%? Are you just trolling?

We have the most fortune 500 CEOs, do we not? What's our MoH count? How many Flag Officers? How many just overall successful people do we have? How about the bond we have through our shared passion for our University. Seems like we have successful, courageous people everywhere. That was such a ridiculous post by someone who has never even stepped foot on campus and I'm not sure has even met an Aggie.
ac04
sts7049 said:

hanging out in argentina is all well and good, until you have to live with 200% annual inflation
exactly why argentina has one of the highest bitcoin adoption rates in the world
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bagger05
AG
hunter2012 said:

I live in the Permian Basin and the night sky is always lit up from the flares. I'm curious how viable it could be out here and how I could be apart of something like this(obviously on a smaller scale unless if it really takes off). Are there any Bitcoin mines doing this in West Texas?

https://digitalwildcatters.com/podcasts/energizing-bitcoin/

These guys are really into bitcoin mining in the energy industry.
Comeby!
AG
There's very few who do it successfully and profitably. DW's has a huge following but they are trying to find ways to monetize.
bagger05
AG
I know they're enthusiasts. I don't know if the make any money off of it. Or even if they're directly involved at all.

My understanding is that DW is strictly a media company and their money-making play is to create a community, build up their average revenue per user, and sell it.

They seem like good dudes. I hope it works out for them.
Comeby!
AG
That's correct. They are a marketing group. They collaborate with several bitcoin mining groups.
donkeykick90
AG
hunter2012 said:

BTC for flare mitigation isn't always profitable for the miners due all the erratic reason a well/facility has to flare.

Our issue is gas takeaway. We are constantly curtailed on by our midstream partner because they have their own issues they need to figure out. We set up a GPA with a BTC mining company and basically use them as a capacitor our system. Whenever there isn't enough gas takeaway room we send it to the miners. Whenever we don't have gas takeaway issues, we send them residue and eat that cost. It's worth it to ensure we continue producing oil.

IMO miners need to position themselves as an alternative to Midstream. The CAPEX savings of building out infrastructure to your gas sales takeaway has to move the needle towards the miners.
Comeby!
AG
They capex/investors for miners are different than midstream primarily due to the usable life of each. Miner investors seek a sub 2 year payout. Midstream sales multiples are 6+.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
LMCane said:

but the training to be successful in life is so much better than 60% of the universities in this country.

to be young and understand how to harness energy to make Bitcoin, to make yourself rich, to then live surrounded by beautiful Argentinian women.

Gold Jerry! Gold!!

Not to pile on but I have business associates and a ton of close relatives around the country and A&M is very very respected. I remember a poll probably 15 years ago too where nationally people were asked their view of most prestigious universities and A&M landed like 3rd of public schools and interestingly enough when broken down by region A&M was seen as #1 in the south (yes even higher than Texas).
john thibideaux
How about just stick with the Aggie digital economy.,..GIgmCoin
www.Gigmcoin.com
Comeby!
AG
Nice, rook.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I own the domain below (it's parked, nothing on it). Planning to use it to launch the first ever Aggie-only dating app.

www.HumpItAgs.com
exp
AG
LMCane said:

Can you please confirm you're not a bot?
WestHoustonAg79
exp said:

LMCane said:

Can you please confirm you're not a bot?

Based on his politics board posts I wouldn't doubt it
aggiesundevil4
AG
LMCane is MFBarnes relatively new handle…some other posters figured it out and he ghosts threads when it's pointed out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.