Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Motley Fool Stock Advisor

2,260 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
aggieband 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Motley Fool is offering a discounted 2 year subscription to their service for new members.
Normal price is $199/year.
Introductory price for new members is $79 total for a 2 year membership.
If you stay with them, the price goes back to normal in year 3.
They have made some very good stock pick recommendations in past years for their members.
Of course, there have been some duds as well
I have always wanted to try Motley Fool but always talked myself out of it.
This introductory subscription really has peaked my interest.

How many of y'all have used their service?
Were you satisfied with what you received from them for the money you paid?
This service is for buying actual stocks not options like OA1 does with his service.

VikingNik
AG
$79 is a good price. I signed up recently.
SquareOne07
AG
Are you looking for buy and hold picks? Stuff with just a little fun money or long term serious money?

I don't know many folks riding individual stocks to the finish line, so to say.

I actually have noticed it enough times now when I'm building out a client's balance sheet that they have "an Acorns account with like $3,000 in it from when they tried to do some stock trading"
GoAgs92
AG
Stock Advisor says you should be willing to hang onto the stocks for at least 5 years or try one of their other services.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I've subscribed to several services from them but none were as good as Stock Advisor. I picked up CRWD, TTD, MELI and others way before those stocks took off. That's a good price.
JSKolache
AG
Their stock picks frequently suck, avoid. They are just making money peddle garbage advice for a fee.
frankm01
I signed up a few years ago but cancelled after a year. They did have a few decent stock picks (as well as several duds), but I found I was constantly getting bombarded with ads for other Motley Fool products for additional costs.

Not saying it's not worth a try for you, but if you're looking for long term buy and holds, I think you'd do better elsewhere. Just my opinion.

SquareOne07
AG
Find a friend at one of the big warehouses or full service firms. A lot of the times their equity research departments will put out periodic equity favorite lists.
ToddyHill
AG
Whatever you opt to do, I would encourage you to double or triple check any advisors advice.

I am a contrarian in the sense I tend to avoid stock advisors recommendations. For example, Schwab currently rates AAPL as an "A", yet it's down YTD, and I don't think it will do as well as its peer group moving forward. .

On the flip side, Schwab rates COOP as a "C", which is up from the "F" they assigned it a couple of years ago. It carries a 10 PE and is up 775% over the past 5 years.

That's not to say they're all wrong...I guess my due diligence doesn't rely on their recommendations.

I do agree with a comment GoAgs made. I'm not a trader, so when I buy a stock I hold it, in many cases more than 5 years.

Good luck!

fulshearAg96
AG
they post enough free leads that have worked out so no need to pay
permabull
AG
Now is probably a great time to sign up because I hear they just announced one of their super rare all in picks for the 17th time this year!
rathAG05
AG
You will never get off their email list. You will always be sold to. Every stock picker has had winners, they just market theirs the loudest. You should always be cautious of anyone promising returns.

rathAG05
AG
permabull said:

Now is probably a great time to sign up because I hear they just announced one of their super rare all in picks for the 17th time this year!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Announced, Seeking Alpha is buying out Motley Fool. The new company name will be Seeking Fools.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.