Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Presidential Election Stocks/Funds

1,429 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JohnLA762
reedsterg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming Trump were to get elected in November, what individual stocks, sectors, or 401k/mutual funds could see the biggest jump?
ToddyHill
AG
Oil
Ag13
AG
I would imagine DJT is going to eventually become an option on Trump being elected or not. As far as long term viability of the company - I'm not so sure it's where I would want my money to be invested. But it would hardly be the first meme stock to take off for reasons unrelated to fundamentals. It's obviously not a coincidence that the ticker is his initials.

Other than that - I'm very bullish on the energy sector regardless of who the next president is. A republican presidency could certainly unleash it a little quicker, but a worldwide energy crisis is looming and there will be no "ending fossil fuels" in our lifetime.

The natural gas industry in particular could see a bump if Trump is able to free up some of the mess with LNG exporting that Biden has created.

Offshore Drilling too could see a bump if Trump really goes down the "drill baby drill" route. Capacity has to come from somewhere...
Ag CPA
AG
ToddyHill said:

Oil
I would argue the opposite, a Trump administration would be good for increasing production which in turn should put pressure on prices, which have an outsized effect on producers' share price.

Would probably have a few things offsetting this like filling the SPR back up but that's not a long-term benefit.
SW AG80
AG
Oil prices always increase with a Dem in the White House. Not because Dems like O&G people but because of Dem's idiotic policies.

You can go back to LBJ and this has proved true each time.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Trump will be able to sell his shares by the time the election rolls around, and the extra small float that is propping it up will no longer exist.
GenericAggie
AG
Unless we increase refinery capacity, the volume of oil/gas pumped out of the ground won't matter. In fact, refinery capacity is a larger problem right now.
JohnLA762
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.