Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Professional Writing Help

1,223 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by cp2011
cp2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone recommend a short course or speaker to help my company improve our written communication? I've been copied on several emails with others outside our organization and have been embarrassed at some of the simple errors & poor sentence construction.

I also feel we could present our case in a more cogent way, but that may be more of an uphill climb, as I think it involves retraining a way of thinking
ATX Advisors
Sponsor
It's not going to train anyone but both Google and Apple have free AI email writers.
Sponsor Message: ATX Portfolio Advisors; FEE-ONLY (When You're Up) Financial Planning & Wealth Management
https://www.atxadvisors.com/
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://www.grammarly.com/
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Ted Lasso
AG
chatgpt . i use it daily to help compose email/correspondence and the finished product is incredible.
Troy91
AG
Those are the top 3 methods that I would recommend.

I had grammerly on my email for quite a while to help me with formatting and errors.

Previously, I sent my team through a few classes without a lot of growth. The quick review within your email tool is a much higher return on investment.
cp2011
AG
Thanks, all
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
You need to make sure that you fully understand the ramifications of whatever system that you use because some platforms own your data as soon as you type it. Maybe you don't want ChatGPT owning your trade secrets.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Ted Lasso
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

You need to make sure that you fully understand the ramifications of whatever system that you use because some platforms own your data as soon as you type it. Maybe you don't want ChatGPT owning your trade secrets.

I agree and i purposely leave fillers in the areas of importance. While AI is definitely collecting data, so is google, apple, etc on your general purpose apps/programs such as email.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
You're a smart one. The ones that can't spell their own names though…probably won't be redacting much lol.
bagger05
AG
Hemingway editor

There's a website and a browser plug-in.

Keeps people from rambling.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is this an issue with folks whose first language isn't English? Or American born people?
Ribeye-Rare
AG

I could have used a whole lot more of this type instruction back in high school rather than reading classic literature and poetry.

I had to learn it the embarrassing way after I started a job and my boss was a Harvard trained lawyer who loved to use a red pencil.
cp2011
AG
All native English speakers. Just looking to improve the quality and clarity of our communication as a whole.

Thanks, everyone, for the great resources. Will do some homework
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.