British Open tix: anyone ever try to sell them?

545 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TwoTimeAg
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I won slots to buy tix for Mon, Thurs and Fri. 2 tix each day. I told a co-worker based in Aberdeen he can have Monday tickets. Am still debating if I'm going to try to get over for Thur or Fri, or blow it off and sell them.

In pulling up the tix on the Open web-site, I can't figure out how to do anything with the tix but put them on their resale platform.

I now find this:

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TICKET(S)?
Your tickets will be available for digital download shortly before The 152nd Open in 2024, typically 4-6 weeks in advance of the Championship.

Anyone have any experience with this?
TexAgs1992
TP Ag '87 said:

I won slots to buy tix for Mon, Thurs and Fri. 2 tix each day. I told a co-worker based in Aberdeen he can have Monday tickets. Am still debating if I'm going to try to get over for Thur or Fri, or blow it off and sell them.

In pulling up the tix on the Open web-site, I can't figure out how to do anything with the tix but put them on their resale platform.

I now find this:

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY TICKET(S)?
Your tickets will be available for digital download shortly before The 152nd Open in 2024, typically 4-6 weeks in advance of the Championship.

Anyone have any experience with this?
If I remember correctly, you can only sell on The Open's marketplace for face value or less. I might be wrong but thought I saw this somewhere.
TP Ag '87
AG
Yeah, and it looks like if you try to sell on a 3rd party platform, they could get canceled.

I wonder if I download them and give to my buddy, and then sell in person (or on TexAgs) somehow, it would work.
cpatin
AG
Ive got some Aggie buddies going. Let me know and I can check with them to see if theyd want any additional tix. Def be easier than selling third party.

I grabbed PGA championship tix from someone on TA. He didnt receive his tickets till a little over a month out and then trasnfered them to me no problem.
Yesterday
AG
Judging. By The Open crowds I always figured they just gave those things away.
Sorrell Booke
I bought some off EBay a couple of years ago. I had no problem getting in the gates.
TwoTimeAg
AG
When I went in 2014, I bought my ticket at the gate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.